1 2
Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
1/12/21 6:52 p.m.

if you are serious get in touch and we can exchange numbers for more details and pictures. Cars are in Washington state

Red 76 scorpion $2000 pretty firm. I don't have any history on it. Ac and power window car. Stock 1.8 comes with it( currently removed.

Only considering selling the white 77 because another car caught my eye. If the other car is sold before I have the room and extra cash I'll be keeping this one. Looking to get $8000, pretty firm here too as I'll be loosing now that I added the double bubble hard top,  twin dcoe, 3 piece oz Vega wheels and fresh tires.

77 has a ton of receipts, rebuilt 2.0, rebuilt tranny, recharged shocks etc. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/12/21 8:25 p.m.

I guess I'm gonna be the shiny happy person here...

So, I'm confused by your ad. Photos show what appears to be 4 different cars with no description of what is in each photo. Lancias weren't supremely popular in North America where most of this forums users reside. You have one or maybe two for sale with extremely limited info about each. Perhaps you should review your ad from the point of view of a potential buyer and try again?

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/12/21 8:56 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

I agree with secretariata. And to save anyone else the search, it's the red one and the white one in the pics.

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
1/12/21 9:59 p.m.

It seemed straight forward to me. Only two scorpions are pictured. I don't tend to put large descriptions in ads, truly serious buyers will get in touch for phone call/text/email to get all the info.

SantaBarbarian
SantaBarbarian
1/13/21 12:00 a.m.

In reply to Young_olds :

New here... but long time lurker.  This got cross-linked over to one of my Lancia forums.  I've been looking for a Scorp project-- and I'll be in Tacoma early in the week next week so could come up to see the red car.

I'm too new to P/M it says, but am reachable at

autoeroticar

@t

the Google email service.

Have several Lancias-- and interested in doing a Busso into a Scorp, hence the zeal to see your car.

Thanks,

tom

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/21 12:18 a.m.
Young_olds said:

I seemed straight forward to me. Only two scorpions are pictured. I don't tend to put large descriptions in ads, truly serious buyers will get in touch for phone call/text/email to get all the info.

You forgot to say "I know what I have, no low-ballers."

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
1/13/21 7:57 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) :

What makes you say that?

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
1/13/21 8:00 a.m.

In reply to SantaBarbarian :

I sent you an email with my number.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 11:47 a.m.

I like scorpions.

I like that bronze car with the flares more. 

Young_olds said:

What makes you say that?

Your post about refusing to write good ads is classic craigslist seller BS. It comes off as pretty condescending, and like you're hiding how bad the cars are. Two photos of four cars, two of which aren't even for sale isn't great. I know I don't like ads with poor pictures and no detail. I assume you're the same. 

That said, I probably should have chosen the non-sarcastic, helpful approach. So, my bad. Descriptive, honest adds with good pictures get more eyes and more interest, especially here. Details like if either car runs, any rust, what's the interior like, etc.

Advice (worth what you paid for it): Don't come into this like you know more than GRM. I don't doubt your expertise, but I'd bet someone else here is just as knowledgeable. GRM is lousy with legit experts laugh

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
1/13/21 6:55 p.m.

I guess we are not alike, if I am serious about a car pictures don't mean much. It's not that I refuse, I think it weeds out the people that are not serious. If I see that a car is available i call and get the full scoop, then go put eyes on it. Tons of pictures are for window shoppers.

porschenut
porschenut Reader
1/14/21 8:30 a.m.

I love how people on this forum have turned into ad critics.  Can we keep classifieds classifieds?  Not the opinion page please.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/21 9:24 a.m.
porschenut said:

I love how people on this forum have turned into ad critics.  Can we keep classifieds classifieds?  Not the opinion page please.

Have to agree here, we don't want GRM to turn into Facebook Marketplace smiley

dherr (Forum Supporter)
1/14/21 9:33 a.m.

If they were not on the other side of the country, I would be coming to take a look at the red one.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/21 6:13 p.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:
porschenut said:

The search function worked as well for a while, though...

porschenut said:

Fair enough. Just trying to help a new poster. 

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
1/30/21 12:40 p.m.

The red 76 is sold.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/30/21 12:58 p.m.

If they were not on the other side of the country, I would be coming to take a look at the red one.

I'd have snagged both of them on the first day of this ad!

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
5/28/21 4:13 p.m.

The 77 is for sale again. Efi intake is on but I still have the dcoe set up( needs work). If you don't want the wheels or dcoe set up I can work with you more on price. Most all the work was done by performance apex and I have receipts that list everything.

rebuilt 2.0 block

rebuilt and ported 1.8 head

The tranny was opened up and gone through 

factory shocks recharged

fiat 124 efi manifold with ms1(needs more tuning but runs and drives)

fiat 124 brakes including master cylinder

fuel cell in trunk with what looks like a Bosch 044 pump

ansa exhaust

after I got it

15" Oz Vega wheels

modified shift tree with heim joints from tree to tranny

shifter from 76(chrome stick/black ball knob) 

electric crank case evac

if interested get in touch and I can tell you more.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/28/21 4:20 p.m.

Aren't these related to Fiat X1/9s? 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
5/28/21 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Only the brakes and some of the suspension, maybe the radiator. All else is from a different aisle in the Fiat warehouse. Pinninfarina bodyshell is better built than the Bertone X1/9 too, but they still rusted badly here on the east coast.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/29/21 12:58 a.m.

What's the tan car in the second pic? 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
5/29/21 7:15 a.m.

Tan car is a Opel Manta.

I have been looking for an X1/9 or a Scorpion for the past year. I just jumped on a solid X1/9 this past week or would be interested in getting more details. These cars rust bad on the east coast, this one looks solid. What price are you looking for without the DCOE's or wheels. Ironically my X1/9 is coming with Scorpion stock wheels on it. Do you have the front and rear bumpers or the euro covers?

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
5/29/21 10:52 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

If you are interested let's exchange numbers or email. I tried to message you through the forum and it came back undelivered.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
6/1/21 1:01 p.m.

v8triumph at the Google........mail

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0BqDt8kssx40KFDYcbpbXSgQxk24GFv5BKnKuCe39R6VNzdCvO0BgUVPcFJIo6yc