Young_olds New Reader
6/1/21 5:16 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

email sent 

Samos3
Samos3
6/1/21 7:10 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Just to clarify...the tan car in the second pic (the one you see the back end of) is an early 80's Toyota Corolla sedan. The brown car in the first pic is the Opel Manta (I know Young Olds from the Opel forum..the Manta is more than a little modified).

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/1/21 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Samos3 :

Thank you

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
6/11/21 6:45 p.m.

These floor mats are brand new, the previous owner put them in the day I picked up the car and I removed them a few days after. Supposedly highly sought after and no longer available.

I also purchased these manuals(4 separate books) from the Monte hospital.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/28/21 11:35 p.m.

You didn't happen to get that from John Allen by chance? Looks very familiar to one he had. Ray does great work but I'm guessing he is retired by now as I haven't been out to his place for about 15 years. Known him since the early 80's when he had his shop in Renton. 

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
6/29/21 4:21 p.m.

In reply to brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) :

I purchased it from a guy named Tom.

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
7/12/21 10:51 p.m.

New pictures

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/13/21 9:45 a.m.

Was this thing at the Old School Reunion this year? It's so small in person. Looks awesome.

Young_olds
Young_olds New Reader
7/13/21 3:44 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

Yes, the Opel was not ready so I drove this down. It is small but I was surprised to notice the aw11 looks smaller.

Young_olds
Young_olds Reader
11/4/21 12:31 p.m.

Stock drivers seat and what I believe is a 124 steering wheel are back in the car. It's just been sitting, make an offer or trade me an 81-88 gbody cutlass.

Young_olds
Young_olds Reader
11/22/21 6:05 p.m.

The ms1 ecu seems to have died, car is running with dual weber dcoe 40's.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/21 11:06 a.m.

Sent you an email but would like to know exactly what comes with the car as it is today. So running now with the weber setup, still on the fuel cell? Do you have all the missing body pieces (front and rear bumpers and are they the US or Euro bumpers)?  Shipping to the east coast would be expensive so need to know what is included with the car to make it worth the cost.

Young_olds
Young_olds Reader
12/17/21 2:51 p.m.

White scorpion sis now sold.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
12/18/21 10:48 a.m.

Thanks Roger, this will be fun to finish the restoration!

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/19/21 5:23 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

Awesome!  I hope you plan a thread to track your new project. One of my first (legal) driving experiences was in my father's Beta Coupe. But this is the one that really interested me. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
12/20/21 8:42 a.m.

The cool thing about the Scorpion community is that with so few imported (1805), most people know many of the cars. After agreeing to buy Roger's car (#1692) I have been searching for some parts needed and have had several people give me more history on the car, all confirming the work that has been done and the condition of the car.  I'll start a build thread once I get started on the project.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ibWgrpvcYUSBTUAy7OFddkl2WIhdTg8XODvCg2kDxW1rXZQ7KHWFRHLtcOUXEjox