AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/22/13 11:59 a.m.

Might as well get the fires started around here.

2013 will bring more racing action for the FIAT spider.

2 rule changes this year.

1. All tow hooks must be recessed into the body work or fold down to avoid damage during accidental contact.

2. For my car I had to redo the back setup which stuck out way to much.

I removed the bar and clip. Welded a nut into the structure and attached the strap with a bolt. Still need to install the patch metal body work.

The front hooks will be much simple. Just need to redrill the current mounts. I then zip tie the clamps so they don't rattle around the body work.

1. We are required to run a FIA approved rain light. Everyone is more or less going with the Afterburner light. https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails2.asp?utm_expid=1052055

I'm also building a new motor after frying the last one and will be ordering new race tires and finally retiring my 10 year old RA1's.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
1/22/13 1:57 p.m.

What's the survivability of the 124 twin cam on the track? Are you running FI or carbed? My buddies and I are contemplating building a Lemons racer with all the spare Fiats we have strewn about...

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/22/13 4:05 p.m.

9 events (6 with me 3 with PO) Of that 5 were without an accusump. So I'd say that is not bad. 7000+ Shifts.

I'm running carbs.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
1/22/13 8:40 p.m.

so the accusump or a poor-mans home-built might be a wise investment for enduro?

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/22/13 9:47 p.m.

I'd say so but then you are into more plumbing.

I did get my accsump off ebay for good price.

Andre

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
2/15/13 9:54 p.m.

Engine 2 is back and bored.

Time to build.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
2/16/13 7:16 a.m.

Yes I know testing the fit the wrong way but just lifting the block onto the bench was hard enough.

Onto the stand for a good cleaning and then the rebuild will start.

I need some plastic gauge and a piston ring compressor set.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
59YgZnpZwgQhJifxsz6Qu2R91eLM4DK6vLn9KkcLPLrBIJylkj7sG8LL9UgLyOyf