Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
5/7/13 6:18 a.m.

I know that most people don't like the Ferrari Mondial, but I actually had one as my daily driver in the late 90's. I like these cars a lot and they are a very usable Ferrari and tend not to bankrupt their owners. The color is definitely either a good or a bad feature. If you have a lot of neon t shirts and blazers, it is perfect. Yes the bumpers have been painted and it does require further investigation. At only $14,000 or best offer with low miles, I think it is worth the detective work.

Check out the ad here.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/7/13 4:11 p.m.

Love it and hindsight, I would have totally bought that about a year and a half ago.

Ahh well, nothing more expensive than a cheap Ferrari.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/13 8:59 a.m.

personal opinion here: the name doesn't outweigh the looks. i'm holding out for a 328.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
5/8/13 7:18 p.m.

I'd rock that, at least it's a manual. I bought a cheap 400 auto that I sold within three months because there was no point to the car.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/10/13 11:35 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: personal opinion here: the name doesn't outweigh the looks. i'm holding out for a 328.

I once read the figure that one should $6k of maintenance for every 15k miles a 308/328 goes. That scared the E36 M3 out of me.

I've seen some Mondials look fairly sexy with newer OEM Ferrari wheels fitted, but it still is an unloved Ferrari--and I dig the Dino 308GT4.

I wonder what the real world ownership cost of a Mondial would be. Didn't Nicole Brown Simpson have a white Mondial?

maseratiguy
maseratiguy New Reader
5/11/13 11:14 p.m.

I have always hated the looks of the Modial...but this one actually doesn't look bad.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/13 9:44 a.m.

Body colored bumpers make a big difference on these cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N52P5u3F2b6iZCftvC0Fsc9Rgs3StR5TrpDpXPA42Mk118o9snZ8ftTuj3CnjIf4