Zachary Mayne
Zachary Mayne
10/2/20 8:45 a.m.

When it comes to great classic cars, there are a few so rare that the only possible way to experience one is with a recreation. Among those is the MGC GT Sebring. 

How rare, exactly, is this model? According to the history books, originally five (some say six) chassis were destined to be turned into full-on race cars by the …

Read the rest of the story

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
10/2/20 6:42 p.m.

Love it. Sheer awesomeness!!

Silver912
Silver912
5/8/22 11:41 p.m.

I happen to be the second owner of RMO699F in the U.S. in the early 70's.

If anyone is interested in getting the real info on that particular historic car, contact me and I will forward photos and a small historical document.

I had seen this article before. Really great.

Silver912
Silver912 New Reader
5/8/22 11:43 p.m.

MGCNoakesey
MGCNoakesey None
10/5/22 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Silver912 :

Hi there. Saw your post ref RMO. I'm in the throws of rebuilding my MGC to RMO spec. It's a 69 MGC which has had a lot of work done to it over the years, all the usual Doug Smith and Downton upgrades. Bodywork and chassis are now back up to scratch. Engine is a stage 2 with triple webbers which has also been stripped down and refreshed. Now looking to make the structural changes. I have a copy of "The MGC Lightweights" by David Morys. Great reference book, but I could do with more reference pictures if the internals - boot area, battery set up, as well as general pictures and history to help us on the way? Interested to hear too your story on how you acquired the car and what work you carried out? Cheers!

Coyi
Coyi
10/14/22 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Silver912 :

Very cool. 

I own a 1968 C GT.  I would love to learn more about RMO-699F 

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
10/15/22 12:22 p.m.

We owned an MGC for many years. I modified the engine (original puts out maybe 130 bhp although they claimed 145 bhp). 

I created a triple SU manifold (Webers are overkill for a street car unless it is just for the car show bling) and it turns the into what the factory should have produced (mine was c 175 bhp and topped out at 130 mph+). The few very specially modified factory cars encouraged quite a few replicas, some of them quite faithful to the original.  Great cars and so sad that they wee summarily killed by the new Triumph heavy take-over administration, who wanted no competition for the TR6.

The owners of the few real RMO cars were very lucky guys!

Silver912
Silver912 New Reader
3/30/23 4:36 p.m.

Hello there, sorry about the long silence, I was hoping that I would get an email alert about your inquiries.

Here is a very interesting article, half way down the pdf. 

https://www.mgcc.co.uk/mgc-register/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2020/01/26-MGC-Newsletter-Dec-19.pdf

I will add some more items soon.

Silver912
Silver912 New Reader
3/31/23 1:57 p.m.

Here are some more photos:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SZwcn6fQhe4ZyEGzxrsm6i22QpZfRalSBhgGgyMboUb5SupFspwSORoXW08irSRr