Don’t discount the Meyers Manx as a silly novelty. These sand slingers have shown at the Petersen, crossed the RM Sotheby’s auction block, and posted big wins at Baja and Pikes Peak. And while that RM Sotheby’s example sold for nearly $65,000, Bring a Trailer has lately been trading Manxes in the teens.

And the Manx isn’t just any dune buggy. It’s the original. Bruce Meyers, a SoCal …

Read the rest of the story

GLK
GLK New Reader
5/3/19 6:37 p.m.

There is no better Dune Buggy out there than an original Meyers Manx. There used to be an actual Manx dealer in Cleveland, OH (of all places)! near where I grew up. I was a teenager back then and scored a ride in a blue metalflake Manx powered by a Corvair Monza engine. Unforgettable. They also had a Meyers SR on a display stand out front. I still think the SR is sharp. Both the Manx, SR and Tow’d were kit cars with totally original stying that broke new ground. Bruce Meyers is a truly talented artist. All the copycats that followed were dumbed-down, awkward looking Manx wannabes with the possible runner-up being Dean Jeffries, Kyote that had a rather boat-like front-end. The Manx is timeless and the SR had scissor doors and upswept rear wheel arches like a Countach years before the Countach flowed from Marcello Gandini’s pen.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oejVqP1mLBJodMhZcRMsGmy4o3mEe2TCsHwsrUoZBrtIE2i7j9GLGb2CP1MgRf3c