Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/16/21 2:42 p.m.
feature_image

Sponsored Content Presented by RM Sotheby’s.

Hagerty values a 1953 Porsche 356 in No. 2 condition at $117,000. If that cost of entry is a little too steep, another option may be suitable: this 356 Coupe barn find from that same year, just in unrestored condition and without an engine.

How much would that cost you? The listing estimates an …

Read the rest of the story

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/21 5:58 p.m.

Interesting.  No passenger seat and did all the 356s of that era have holes drilled in the engine cover hinges?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/17/21 6:56 a.m.

Not to hijack, but do yourself a favor and find the 356 Foose did for a nurse.  Oh my.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/17/21 8:35 a.m.

I predict it will end up selling for way over the auction estimate.  Bidders will get all hot and bothered over a 356 barn find.

MontereyGeorge
MontereyGeorge None
3/17/21 11:47 a.m.

I can't recall if was on E-Bay or Bring a Trailer but there was a Shelby GT-350 that was rusted out and had a lot of original parts missing and it sold for a stupid money. Hegarty said it would take about $150K to get to concourse condition. And that would require a doner car. I predict some one will buy this Porsche for an outrages price and bring it back to life. But I do admire the buyers for saving the cars from being scrapped for parts..  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x5m7oVrOkyX3Lzg9WVks5ocXsRoMvpQaYrGjh1pSdEMKxvfhwy5VZ57Iy3lNDLAH