Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
5/15/13 2:19 p.m.

I found this Maserati Merak while I was Ferrari hunting and it looks to be a great deal. A solid car that has yet to see a serious lift in value but one which likely will see that increase soon. The engine is apart but the car comes with a spare block as well and this looks like a very reasonable project. The dealer is a really honest guy and the car is worth seeing, especially for only $16,500.

Click here to check out the ad.

t25torx
t25torx New Reader
5/15/13 8:47 p.m.

This is extremely relevant to my interests. I have been looking for one of these with a blown engine to use for a swap candidate.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/13 1:33 p.m.

My first instinct screamed, "Ugh! Aftermarket Sunroof!", but after a closer look, I'm not so sure. Is it possible that it came from the factory with that thing?

t25torx
t25torx New Reader
5/16/13 7:09 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

It would be the first one I have seen with one for sure.

maseratiguy
maseratiguy New Reader
5/16/13 8:28 p.m.

I know the car and the seller. It is a very, nice Merak just needs a motor. Peter is a very honest and good guy to deal with. If I didn't already have a Merak this would be a nice one to get. As far as swaps go, I don't think it will be as easy or as succsesfull as just getting the original motor rebuilt and put it in. the original motor is tiny and light, ie very compact.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VP1O9qCqbU6lB9I8CsBtOcCorcTjLSCZb6ChlKeSrNnfdaiM7feKnFI0eXT48wcD