Jensenman
Jensenman None
3/3/08 6:32 a.m.

I haven't needed any for a while, so I haven't looked. Now the J-H has decided to blow a rear wheel cylinder- and I can't find the stuff anywhere in town. Anyone have experience with a suitable substitute? Brit brake rubber is fragile enough without using the wrong brake fluid.

Jensenman
Jensenman None
3/3/08 12:31 p.m.

mgamgb, aeronca65t has been using it in his Spridgets and B as well with no problems (GRM thread). So it looks like that's what I'll use. Thanks!

Jensenman
Jensenman None
3/4/08 10:07 p.m.

Yeah, the new WC's were made in Italy last year, according to the box. It's running the Valvoline synthetic stuff now.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper
3/5/08 7:04 a.m.

Walmart here frequently has it on the shelves, as does the Advance store.

In any case, I'll be switching the vehicles over to the Valvoline synthetic (not silicone) fluid as I've heard great things about it for some years now. It's high temperature and low cost also appeal to me.

fjcamper
fjcamper None
3/9/08 5:58 p.m.

I had Valvoline SynPower eat the seals out of a brand new German made (not Brazilian) dual-circuit master cylinder just hours after installation and bleeding.

The master cylinder was for our 2.2 liter 1970 Karmann Ghia road racer. Check out the May issue for the story of our '65 Ghia taking 3rd overall in "Historica A" in the 2007 Carrera Panamericana.

Via the internet, I only found one other guy who had a similiar problem on another make of car.

NAPA DOT 4 "low moisture absorption" is a good alternative if you can't find LMA, which is my all time personal favorite.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ICT9PkK6WkGIv3gybS8ZRgdM6SePSOrOwXaillAbjkGWkd8Czrli8B6GPr6hNGI5