DneprDave
DneprDave New Reader
6/25/09 9:23 a.m.

The neighbor's cat peed on the passenger seat of my '80 MGB. I scrubbed it with soap and water and cleaned the carpet underneath. After everything dried, it still stinks of pee. Can anyone recommend a product that'll get that smell out?

Thanks,

Dave

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/25/09 10:03 a.m.

Your local pet store should have some kind of pee eliminator.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755377

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750969

We have used these products on carpet but not vinyl. You might want to test it first.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/25/09 10:08 a.m.

The enzyme stuff really works.

You may need to pull the seat cover off and get down to the foam. Good luck!

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
6/25/09 10:08 a.m.

Try Nature's Miracle cleaner. It breaks down the ammonia in the pee, which is where the smell is coming from.

Dpvog
Dpvog New Reader
6/25/09 11:04 a.m.

In reply to DneprDave:

Coupe Fan is right, "Nature's Miracle" is the way to go. It's the only product I've ever heard of that can do it, but you've first got to get to the source of the odor (probably the foam or the back side of the upholstry). Then Nature's Miracle will take it from there.-Doug

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
6/26/09 6:47 p.m.

I have never heard of Nature's Miracle, but it sounds awesome. My cats have at times pee'd on shoes that I was not willing to part with (although they also pee'd on my Brooks Bros. suede bucks, and I had to part with them, because they were suede mixed with pee and that doesn't get undone). I have used Pee Be Gone. Got it at the grocery store. Works pretty good, but it takes a couple treatments.

Cat pee is stubborn.

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
6/26/09 11:19 p.m.

Really, try it. I've got a 20 year old cat that was getting Alzehimers or something a couple of years back. She starting peeing on the carpet in one location. Nature's Miracle worked quite well. For some reason, she suddenly stopped and became normal again. Been pee free for over two years now and the carpet is fine.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/27/09 4:17 p.m.
Coupefan wrote: Really, try it. I've got a 20 year old cat that was getting Alzehimers or something a couple of years back. She starting peeing on the carpet in one location. Nature's Miracle worked quite well. For some reason, she suddenly stopped and became normal again. Been pee free for over two years now and the carpet is fine.

I'm not the Dog Whisperer, but I think dogs and cats like to go back to the same place after they have marked it. The enzyme cleaner seems to break that habit. Our dogs are good and we have mostly tile floors, but we still keep some on hand. (Someone had an accident the other day, as accidents do happen.)

pdmracing
pdmracing New Reader
7/2/09 8:49 a.m.

Natutes mirical is the bomb!! It will work with any Biodegradible substance. When I bought my new house 16 years ago, my then Pup grabed a black bic pen, ate it & than ran around the house while I chased her!, It was unreal, I tried everything with no result. Called the mitical people & said pour it on the LEAVE IT ALONE. wow it got all of it in about 24 hours. Works on non synthetic oils too. Kind of scary!

pdmracing
pdmracing New Reader
7/2/09 8:50 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

My dog started doing that, ended up being bladder stones, almost died, check the cat out.

Series6
Series6 New Reader
7/2/09 6:18 p.m.

Had the same problem when I left the seat at a friend's place to fab some mounts. It sat for awhile. I had to remove the seat cover and thouroughly clean the underside of the vinyl but eventually replaced the foam. It sat too long.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YH3ZesbyacoYtYT0kcHn8to0zqlujScB2Ox5y4cUyldr6eJkgImWFvbkur19ge7V