Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
4/22/09 8:45 a.m.

So I'm taking my boy to school this morning, and because spring has finally sprung here in Kansas City, we put the top down on the Miata. With Green Day playing on the radio and the sun shining down, we're feeling pretty cool.

Then the very nicely restored Spitfire pulls into the parking lot behind us. Playing The Clash.

Trumped.

bikesnrovers
bikesnrovers Reader
4/22/09 9:09 a.m.

LOL!

mptreb
mptreb New Reader
4/22/09 9:25 a.m.

My wife swears I don't listen to anything but the Clash in my MGB. She's not far off.

Ian F
Ian F Reader
4/22/09 12:23 p.m.

LOL!

When I finally have a stereo in my Spit 6, I plan to listen to nothing but Italian opera...

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
4/22/09 12:46 p.m.

Ha. My MGB only has the original '69 AM radio.

Not that I would ever listen to AM....I took the aerial off years ago.

GSCReno
GSCReno New Reader
4/22/09 3:03 p.m.

A sunny day, a curvy two-lane, top down and Santana's Abraxas turned up to 11... Good times! Cheers, Scott

Luke
Luke Dork
4/22/09 9:39 p.m.

I don't know that a Spit necessarily tops a Miata, but Green Day is well trumped by 'the only band that matters.'

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
4/23/09 5:45 a.m.

True but horrendously off-topic, marginally relevant story...

When I bought my '65 Ford pickup I had the seller videotape a 'tour' of it so I could see everything I wanted and also hear it run. The truck was in NC and I was in PA. When he got in the truck to start the engine, the radio came on blaring "Man Of Constant Sorrow" from Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

The wife and I are bluegrass fans.

Yep, that there is what we call Karma.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XdnU5hcEAOyoW1yTczicEys3GkgJitulJ2h0IXbXLEW2eZjZQ2rBX9LFQXP7NRE2