1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/7/08 8:03 p.m.

Wow, the second Friday in the month comes early. Judging by my calendar, tomorrow is Drive Your Classic to Work day. I know the weather is rough in some parts of the country, but is anyone else up for it?

RSS
RSS
2/7/08 8:30 p.m.

Hmmmmm. I thought every day was Drive Your Classic to Work Day. Oh, wait - I have an MGB! They were made to drive every day. Sorry about all you Triumph owners. :grin:

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
2/7/08 8:45 p.m.

Ah no...

I'm chipping ice off the sat dish.

A.:evil:

bowtie6
bowtie6 None
2/7/08 10:18 p.m.

bowtie6 was on the road this past weekend and I am plannig to drive it to work tomorrow for sure... 59 degrees predicted high for tomorrow.

joe

Nick_95_6sp
Nick_95_6sp None
2/7/08 10:23 p.m.

I drove mine home from work today just so I could drive it to work tomorrow. Actually I store it at work during much of the winter, in the next building over which is empty and my boss owns it. Turbos especially like cold air, so unless it's rainy or snowy, I drive it a lot. '95 Turbo Supra, so I'm not sure mine is a "classic" in the traditional sense like an E-Type, MGB. TR6, GT6, etc. but it is getting older and I'll keep treating it like one, a few more years maybe it'll get more accepted as one.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
2/8/08 12:03 a.m.

I'm not going into the office tomorrow, but I drove my 73 Phoenix Red 914 with a 1911 motor and weber carbs to work today! :nice:

Forgot to take a picture though. :(

I even had the roof off when coming back from a meeting. It was quite nice.

ddavidv
ddavidv None
2/8/08 5:29 a.m.

Crappy-ass weather for the next week. It stays in the garage. Maybe if the Brits had learned about galvanizing I could drive it. :idea:

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/8/08 9:41 a.m.

Hmmmmm. I thought every day was Drive Your Classic to Work Day. Oh, wait - I have an MGB! They were made to drive every day. Sorry about all you Triumph owners.

Easy Now!

I drove the TR-6 to work today. Granted, I'm in Florida, and my grueling commute is only two miles. But hey, for that 5 minutes my Triumph ran great!

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
2/8/08 8:14 p.m.

I think I'm going to brave the cold temps and play in the garage this weekend.

A.

thebear54
thebear54 None
2/8/08 8:58 p.m.

As long as the snow doesn't fly up here in Vermont I will drive each one of my vintage/collector cars at least once per week. These relics are meant to be driven..and I do.

btsave
btsave None
2/11/08 8:18 p.m.

Been driving the "Cal Look" '72 Super Beetle to work for the past 4 weeks! Sans the surf board :)

carl french
carl french None
2/12/08 9:25 p.m.

Friday I will drive the GT to work. Just the day before it and the day after etc etc :nice: I am looking forward to taking the GT out in the heavy snow tomorrow. It is great fun

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand None
2/13/08 1:43 p.m.

I would have driven my classic to work last Friday. But I was in Vegas. So I drove a Hyundai Sonata rental through the desert instead. It's a future classic!

Nick_95_6sp
Nick_95_6sp None
2/13/08 9:35 p.m.

Philadelphia area is expecting a little break in the weather this Thursday & Friday so I'm going to squeeze in a couple more days of driving. I'm cranking up the boost since I got 10 gallons of Sunoco Supreme 112 octane I need to use up.

dayton
dayton None
2/24/08 7:21 p.m.

i have driven my 7 to work twice in the 3 years i have worked at gulfstream... i would much rather drive my car on saturday or sunday.. when i can drive for as long as i want and where i want... plus i don't want to park in a crowded parking lot, with a bunch of assholes that could careless about your car!!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/25/08 8:14 p.m.

Hey, I drove the Mini to the office yesterday. (It was Sunday so I'm not sure if that counts.)

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
2/26/08 9:03 a.m.

One thing I will have to do before I even think about doing that with the GT6 is to install my alarm and the bonnet locks.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
2/26/08 10:12 a.m.

Drove my 914 to work yesterday. Will drive it agan today, maybe with the top off too!

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 None
3/18/08 9:36 p.m.

Weather's getting nice so maybe I'll brave the pollen next month and drive mine! We use snow plows on the pollen around here in the spring. :grin:

pjr300
pjr300
3/21/08 3:28 p.m.

I worry less about the snow than I do the salt. I try not to bring out the car until we've had a good rain to wash away that heavy Michigan salt! So, I'm probably looking like a few weeks away.

David Wallens
David Wallens Editorial Director
3/26/08 7:29 p.m.

Cool, glad to see others jumping up on the bandwagon. I think I was out of town during March's second Friday. Hopefully I'll be here for April's. You guys will all be joining me out there, right?

Coupefan
Coupefan
3/26/08 8:18 p.m.

Drove my X1/9 today (and yesterday, and the day before...hey, it gets good gas mileage). The top comes off in March and goes back on in October.

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 None
4/9/08 9:16 p.m.

They're calling for rain here on the second Friday, again. Looking for May now.

David Wallens
David Wallens Editorial Director
4/9/08 11:06 p.m.

Bummer. Looks like we'll have sunny skies.

Brett Melancon
Brett Melancon None
4/10/08 6:50 a.m.

I drove my 85.5 Spider to work the other day. It was the first time out of the garage since October. It ran great and the brakes even worked too. :grin:

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YczFgdzHmOjj95eTeZLJ2tfXuSkGb86jSlcsU45FMz9jNXzvENsNuVmfIqTZmxyp