1 2 3
Burke
Burke None
4/10/08 9:14 a.m.

I drove the Land Rover today (daily driver is in the shop). I'll break the 356 out tomorrow. My co-workers call it the "Friday car". :cool:

David Wallens
David Wallens Editorial Director
4/17/08 10:24 a.m.

So, everyone drive their classics to work? I, um, almost did. Really. I had to shuffle cars on Friday, so I arrived in a "modern classic"--new M3. We drove the Mini a bunch on Saturday, though. Fun car.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/17/08 10:50 a.m.

I drove the TR-6 today. It is really amazing to me how trouble free it has been. I haven't even changed the points since the cross country trip. I hate to jinx myself, but the car runs better the more I drive it.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette None
4/17/08 12:37 p.m.

One thing I will have to do before I even think about doing that with the GT6 is to install my alarm and the bonnet locks.

http://www.tirelock.com

:cool:

André Rousseau
André Rousseau None
4/17/08 12:40 p.m.

No I've failed to get the car running.

Been stuck in Vegas all week.

But I hope to get a few hours in this weekend and get the carbs up a running.

Then, its all the spring wake up procedures.

I do have an alarm I need to install...

A.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
4/17/08 5:30 p.m.

Been driving the 914 since my Jetta got smooshed. Rolling therapy I tell ya!

alfabeach
alfabeach None
4/17/08 8:10 p.m.

Going to car show Saturday in St. Augustine and Sunday in Ponte Vedra. 80 and sunny here, life is good.

DneprDave
DneprDave None
4/17/08 9:45 p.m.

I work at home, I guess I'll sit in it and make motor noises! :grin:

Dave

wetpossum
wetpossum
4/18/08 11:12 a.m.

Well, I drove the "E" Type in to work this morning, I think it's the first time in about 15 years that it's been driven with the original engine. Of course, when I get it home tonight, I've got all kinds of leaks to stop!

_Mike

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand None
4/18/08 12:12 p.m.

I would have driven the Mini in, but it's blocked into the garage by the undriveable (or more accurately, unstoppable) MG. Besides, I had to pick up a disassembled engine at the machine shop.

Argh. Next month, I promise.

David Wallens
4/18/08 7:24 p.m.

Keith, isn't reality a bitch? I was all set to drive in the Mini, but I had to ferry around cars. In the end, I wound up with a new M3 at my house. Nice car.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand None
4/18/08 7:46 p.m.

You got a new M3, I got a 36-year-old MG with no exhaust system, a spray painted dash, electrical problems and no brakes.

You win.

David Wallens
4/18/08 7:54 p.m.

Yeah, guess so. By the way, new M3 sedan rocks. No, it's not mine.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau None
4/18/08 10:25 p.m.

I got to get my winter tires off the Mazda.

Just got back from Vegas this morning, was driving the Mazda after a week leave and I kept chirping the tires off the line.

GT6 is a few weeks away still.

Bret
Bret None
4/20/08 11:32 a.m.

Normally I drive a rental or drive my Supercrew 4x4. But Been taking the Shark to work a lot more of late.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
4/20/08 1:57 p.m.

I really like the 928, but worry that one parts failure can total the car. Stuff like water pumps and such are spendy I hear. Let me know what your experiences are. I'd love to get one.

Thanks!

Bret
Bret None
4/20/08 5:32 p.m.

Condidering that just over 60k were maded between 1977 to 1995 parts aren't really that hard to find. Great online community too.

It really gets $$$$ if you have to pay someone else to do the work.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
7/5/14 4:57 a.m.

Canoe deleted.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
7/5/14 7:36 p.m.

I drive my Triumph TR8 to work every non rain day from May until the end of October. Sure beats driving the Mazda 3. Some of the classics I've owned you don't want to drive any further than you can walk home from, but TR8's are totally reliable.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
7/6/14 6:12 p.m.

" . . . the car runs better the more I drive it."

That's SO true of the TR6. I was just the second owner of mine, they really do love to be driven; and everything just starts to slowly come "alive" as you do.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/8/14 12:19 p.m.

I'd like to drive the Mini to work this week. It's been awhile. Unfortunately, it's 95 and humid up here in PA/NJ right now and even though I can park in a garage at work, those conditions make for a rather unpleasant drive home.

I don't care how much the purists make fun of me, I want A/C in my classic cars...

Mr_O
Mr_O New Reader
7/16/14 10:25 a.m.

Drove my Datsun to work.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
7/16/14 9:25 p.m.

The higher command had a small car show today. Drove my 70 Opel GT to work today and entered it in the show. The General selected my car for the Commander's choice trophy. Told me he especially like the fact I did all the work myself except the paint.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/23/14 11:00 a.m.

In reply to wlkelley3:

That's cool Wendell!

I've driven the Mini the past two or three times I've left the house doing errands. I have been working from home, so I don't have much of a commute (about 20 feet).

TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
7/23/14 3:06 p.m.

We just picked up a '72 Vega GT wagon yesterday for a buddy to use as his daily driver. Rebuilt drive line, simple mechanics, decent millage, replacing his Toyota pick-up truck.

This will be his fourth Vega.

Easy Peasy, expecting no drama at all.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8Mvlv3rPlezDnzBFKsBgo9yUKOAxTbJaqFAnrfQXTzPbZqP0iDgTDiuIo92KnKKe