1 2
Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
11/1/13 7:19 a.m.

Another is the national Corvette Museum especially in conjunction with the Factory Tour. Even if you are not a fan of the Corvette, this is a great place to visit.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/2/13 1:01 p.m.

Another fan of small and quirky museums. The first long trip the wife and I took I drug her through the Richard Petty museum in Level Cross. I got a lecture from Mrs Petty because I told the wife we would go back and find her lost purse after I had gone through the museum.

Another interesting little one is The Marty Himes collection on Long Island. He turned his house into museum of Long Island circle track racing history.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/3/13 12:37 a.m.

I have yet to find a more amazing Museum than the Bathurst, Australia, National Motor Racing Museum

https://nmrm.com.au/

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/3/13 6:57 a.m.

Collier Automotive Museum Naples, FL and Don Garlits Museum Ocala, FL

Tahoe
Tahoe New Reader
11/3/13 8:16 a.m.

Okay, I'm dating myself, but I loved the old Cunningham museum. I used to work 10 minutes away from it in SoCal, and would go over on a regular basis. Tons of history there from the early Cunningham years. Several images still burned in my mind were the Le Mans cars, and the incredibly long Bugatti Royal that was always being driven around the area, and sometimes a lucky walk up would get a ride. I never did, but wish I had.

I confess I haven't been to too many other museums, but they are all great in a special way. I have been to the Peterson, the National museum in Reno, Mercedes museum in Stuttgart, Shelby in Las Vegas, and that might be it. Sounds like I have some catching up to do!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/4/13 5:31 p.m.

In reply to Rupert:

You're right, the whole damn area is just crazy charming. True story: Ran into a woman on the street in Stow on the Wold (and how often do you get to type that?!) who asked directions, then blurted out, "I'm having a very twitty day!" I don't think she was talking about country music, either.

Margie

Rupert
Rupert Reader
11/5/13 1:51 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

Speaking of unusual museums, I just remembered the Manx Heritage Museum in Peel on the Isle of Man. This museum is a very short walk from the Old Peel Engineering Company. Home to what is usually considered the world's smallest street legal car. The P-50 was built here and they have one in the museum as well.

How big is a P-50? I couldn't remember for sure so I looked it up. According to Wikipedia the P-50 is 53.9" long x 39" wide. It weighs 130 pounds! This thing makes a Smart Car look like an ocean liner.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mONg20ZLGOZqEThB9zLYYkjtDwKjMjjPZFsdjzmMbeHyFSnDtluaJke8SEMAQY8l