1 2
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/30/21 1:02 p.m.

In reply to wspohn :

If I was in the market for a 60's GT.  Let me correct that.  If I had the money to actually be in the market for a 60's GT rather than dreaming and perusing, the Gordon Keeble would be high on my list.  Steel square frame chassis, small block chubby engine and trans (Corvette) and a lovely fiberglass body designed by Giugiaro.  So, Italian styling, American power train, and British handling.  What's not to love.  And no, Lucas electrics were no where near as bad as lore would have it.

1965 gordon-keeble gk1 Values | Hagerty Valuation Tool®Bonhams : 1964 Gordon-Keeble Coupé Chassis no. C34F1004RDTHE FAMOUS GORDON-KEEBLE – Farer

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
3/31/21 12:01 p.m.

Adrian, the only problem with buying a Gordon Keeble would be finding one of the 99 cars made!

I like them - they used the same brakes and wheels as my MGA Twin Cams do, but frankly I'd rather be running an old Lambo at 7500 rpm than a Chev 327 at 5500 (they didn't use the really high output V98s in the GK - very sensible decision!)

There was an almost eerily similar Italian analogue of the GK - the Iso Rivolta.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/1/21 8:27 a.m.

In reply to DartHollywood :

Welcome to our forum. There are so many different fiberglass cars out there that are often forgotten.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
4/3/21 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

The wonderful thing about fiberglass is if I have a pattern I can make a body.  Actually if I have a good series of pictures I can make a body from them.  
Now it would have to be something I really lust after  because it's a fair amount of work.   But the process is easy enough.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hftpc2FKtKKckfMulTDpqzgxm5WwSa9TBKmVNLPnDUTvCpl8X2eBDhNKOUDUJfDn