Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
10/12/11 4:02 p.m.

I love the Gt and this should only raise awareness and value . MGB GT LE 50 5o th Anniversary

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
10/12/11 7:18 p.m.

I want those wheels for my '69 B roadster!

Overall, a nice concept. The Miata engine may not thrill everyone, but I think it's a great choice.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
10/13/11 7:34 a.m.

Hmm... I wonder if Keith has 50K into his car...

wspohn
wspohn Reader
10/13/11 7:43 a.m.

While I have always liked the styling of the GT, I am pretty much lukewarm about a 50,000 quid recreation like this.

The wheels are bad copies of a Dunlop racing wheel as used on MGA Twin Cam, D type Jags and Gordon Keebles, and those wheels were peg drive, not splined, so faking up a look-alike replica that is heavier than the originals and then topping it off with a cheesy triple eared Sunbeam Alpine style knock off is just...tacky.

I've been involved with MGBs with Miata (and other engines, and have no problem with that - the Miata was probably a good choice, although there are other more exciting possibilities (like the Ecotecs).

Given that they haven't made any yet, it will be interesting to see how they make out when they do start. There may be enough people willing to write a cheque for double what they could do it for themselves - we shall see. Seen this sort of thing too many times to get all excited about it before it happens.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/13/11 3:53 p.m.

It would make sense for a celebrity type looking for a no-nonsense toy that is unlikely to cause problems, but I think just about anybody on this board would rather have either an original or a low cost mutt-engined car like Keith Tanner's.

I've been wrong before.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
10/27/11 9:07 a.m.

It seems we can post again! Although the emoticons aren't working.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
10/27/11 9:11 a.m.

Ditto for the image post option.

10/29/11 10:05 a.m.
AndreGT6 wrote: Ditto for the image post option.

fun

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4X69mq4i2Ka8w9dUmFCzEB1CKpOUJltEzVS5xcy7QyTJdvwL4wufB5K3DeGcjO0t