David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/2/20 9:36 a.m.
feature_image

From our Builds and Project Car forum: kaiscott98, who lives in the UK, is looking for help on this Camaro race car. 

From the build thread:

“Last year I bought a 1970 camaro in the UK (where I live/ am from) and it was apparently imported over here in the late 70's to early 80's and raced for a while over …

Read the rest of the story

Mark Gillett
Mark Gillett
4/2/20 2:30 p.m.

David, good luck.  I brought many old dead race cars out of Mexico.  Some I knew the history for.  One took me 2 years to figure out.  The bodies undergo changes that can make them hard to recognize.  Things that are more perminent  can lead to a person saying a car was theirs with certainty.  I have had cars IDed by gussets on the cage, electrical panels, novel duct routing, etc.  A Shelby de Mex car was confirmed by an original driver when he looked at an inner panel that was dented from a shunt he had put the car through.  Only the exterior had been repaired back n the day.  Take photos of features that look like unique construction/prep details. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/20 5:16 p.m.

Yeah, could be hard peeling back the layers of the onion. Hopefully someone can help the current owner with this one. 

dougie
dougie Reader
4/4/20 9:18 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Maybe Mel Gibson can help, I think I saw that car in Road Warrior II......

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SsMeYmsmc93vlTgjUU9ZxreeUuxO48Eh0XS9J1EAoYP7x7tW4DtUDYn1SPQyTy3r