Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
9/21/20 8:38 a.m.

Oh, how progress marches on. In their day, British sports cars were seen as quick and nimble. After all, the average MGB or TR could easily outrun the family trucksters and imported econoboxes of the era. 

Of course, times have changed. Vintage machines aren’t so quick and nimble anymore, at least relative to today’s cars. Our classics haven’t slowed down, …

Read the rest of the story

TCB
TCB
9/23/20 1:15 a.m.

I raced a B in SCCA/CASC for many years, then restored a BGT to fast road spec. Great strides in this article, lots more to do - shaved & balanced crank, lightened/baslanced rods, flywheel etc., a weber carb, free flow exhast header, stronger valve springs - what have I forgotten? Used to pull 8,500+ on long straightaways this is for both road & track. Back in the day circa mid-70's. Vroom vroom........

capitolatim
capitolatim New Reader
5/14/22 1:39 p.m.

Excellent article, I appreciate that the cost of parts was shown. Most upgrade stories don't include what it cost.  The only thing missing was the hours involved.  

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
5/15/22 11:51 a.m.

Excellent article, well set out and with a significant improvement in performance at the end.

Nice to see some real thought going into a modification - I get so tired of some guy that sticks a downdraft Weber on an MGB claiming that he has made an improvement when he doesn't have a clue.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8huELnsMjBcNTMDVRBa7126Ey1iqhlAtpo33SReN2m4wJPhSwtZunMjZBSTzgFlP