Gary
Gary Dork
2/9/17 8:20 p.m.

First this:

'57 Lancia Aurelia GT Outlaw

I've been a fan of the fifties-era Lancia Aurelia coupes for a long time. I love 'em. Three words: sexy, sexy, sexy. And they competed in the real Mille Miglia! You don't see too many on this side of the pond, but for classics they're pretty prevalent in Europe and the UK. So I saw this hot rodded example and think it's pretty cool. Sort of like an Emory 356 Outlaw. But it begs the question, with a finite quantity of these classics remaining, is it wise to cut one up like this. (Me? ... I'm in favor, at least in limited quantities, especially if they're in crappy shape to start with). Apparently, there will be at least three of these Aurelia GT Outlaws created in the UK, all destined for SoCal USA (of course), one for Danny Sullivan, one for Tex Otto (Google him) and one for an unnamed player (who's car was shown at The Quail last August, and is the car featured in the link above).

What's your opinion? Is it wise to create these Aurelia GT Outlaws? Or, 356 Outlaws for that matter.

impster
impster Reader
2/10/17 5:55 a.m.

I'm far from a purist (I drove a 6 cyl Sunbeam Alpine for yrs and my series 2 XJ6C is about to receive an AJ6 swap). But a Lancia?!?! No!!! Then I viewed the images. Hmmmm..... Looks pretty good.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/17 8:27 a.m.

Yes!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/4/17 8:47 a.m.

I like it!

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/4/17 10:58 a.m.

I too first thought "Hands off". But he did it the right way, and I have no resentment to go with my admiration and lust.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
4/4/17 1:22 p.m.

Octane magazine ran an article on that car. I like it a lot.

maseratiguy
maseratiguy Reader
4/4/17 9:02 p.m.

YES!, YES, YES, !!!! ABSOLUTELY YES! ....(didn't want my feelings to be ambiguous).

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
4/5/17 11:57 a.m.

YES

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/17 5:57 p.m.

I like everything but the chopped roof. I really love the interior.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1OnauwfhehrXV6TOC1sTh0mb6vNXYRsIXeqkd16l6tAZ7UOL1Mg8DGkWbnkPPLEY