losendos
losendos New Reader
2/8/18 1:57 p.m.

A few years ago (not sure how many), there was an article in Classic Motorsports (I believe) where the guys tuned a TR6 on a dyno.  Does anyone still have that article?  I thought I had saved it, but apparently did not.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/16/18 8:23 a.m.

Let me see if we can find that one for you. 

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 HalfDork
2/16/18 9:52 p.m.

I may have it, but I'm not sure how happy the GRM folks would be if I posted it here.  If they can't find it and I can, I'll be glad to post it if given permission.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
2/18/18 5:15 p.m.

bumpy....

permission granted?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/20/18 3:43 p.m.

I'll tell Miles to chase it down and post it on the site. Stay tuned!

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 HalfDork
2/20/18 6:44 p.m.

Cool, because I can't find my original.  I have a partial copy that I made.  It must have gotten lost in a purge.

Miles Wilson
Miles Wilson Marketing Assistant
2/22/18 3:28 p.m.

@losendos and @JoeTR6, are we talking about the 2015 dyno report here? https://classicmotorsports.com/articles/make-it-sing/

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 HalfDork
2/22/18 9:38 p.m.

The article I'm thinking of has a table comparing various configurations of TR6 on a dyno titled "Other Power Options".  It was about supercharging a TR6, I believe.

Miles Wilson
2/23/18 12:22 p.m.

Oh, Joe you are looking for "Six Shooter" out of March 2008's Classic Motorsports issue. I'll take the time to schedule and post that article online as well!

Olivialisa
Olivialisa New Reader
3/1/18 12:18 a.m.

The TR6 peak  104.3 hp at 4150 rpm and peak torque were 147.8 ft-lbs at 2750 rpm.

losendos
losendos New Reader
3/16/18 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Miles Wilson :

Miles, sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but yes, this is the article.  Thank you!  I have a 1966 Thunderbird.  It doesn't have SUs or Strombergs, but I think some dyno tuning might help optimize its drivability, like it did for this TR6.  Thanks again!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/18/18 5:45 p.m.

I remember another good TR6 article, back around Summer, 2015, possibly July or August issue. But I don't remember if it included a dyno test. It was a great issue overall. In fact, that month's issue was so good it enticed me to renew my subscription. I wrote a complimentary post here, but I can't find it now so that I could substantiate the actual date or issue.

P. S. So after a little more due-diligence, found my post:

https://classicmotorsports.com/forum/classic-cars/july-2015-issue/102325/page1/

Miles Wilson
3/21/18 3:28 p.m.

Phew, took a little time figuring out formatting and where to place this in our content but the requested article is up and live: https://classicmotorsports.com/articles/six-shooter/

I included the comparative table and dyno sheet (albeit a little grainy due to my source image file.) Ask and you shall recieve, losendos.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 HalfDork
3/21/18 6:48 p.m.

That is a wonderful article.  Thanks for posting it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8QPcJNXSJdjYurD0A48wCNkrA6WXl92ZzfpqDB83LAoSYFzAy0Rmja93d85DlVWX