Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
7/12/13 2:22 p.m.

Hey guys, my 1997 DB7 coupe is going up for sale. I like the car but need to make space for a TVR, a Lotus Esprit and a Alfa.

The car has Mendip Blue paint with a Parchment and Pacific Blue leather interior.

The car s in very nice condition, with numerous upgrades including lter vantage window lifts, a later style Factory slat grill and a later style 3 spoke steering wheel.

Mechanically, the car is an I6 supercharged engine model with an automatic. All services are up to date including replacement of the supercharger belt during its major service at 60,000 miles. It now has 73,000 miles.

Other services just completes last month are, new front shocks, new subframe bushings, a complete a/c service, a trans fluid and filter replacement, engine oil and filter, a cooling system flush and new power steering rack seals.

What this means is that every single system on the car works as it should, including the cruise control.

The interior is in amazing shape with great leather, the only flaw being a pulling up of the leather on the forward most part of the dash. You can only see then from outside the car and only if you are looking for it.

The tires are new, factory spec Bridgestone SO1's and have about 1200 miles on them. The car also includes factory fitted luggage and ultra rare factory winter wheels clad in brand new Blizzak Z rated tires, also the factory spec for the car.

Of course the car includes the factory manual, tools, service records and such.

Please let me know if you are interested before Monterey or it will go up for auction there.

Aston made less than 700 of the DB7 Coupe and these are hard to find.

So how much do I want for this stunning car? My asking price is $30,000. If you are interested feel free to email me at andy@classicmotorsports.net I would love to avoid the auction hassle during everything else going on during onterey week and as a result am a motivated seller.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/12/13 4:05 p.m.

Oh my...

Ok... if I sell the BMW, the Mini and the GT6... that would get me most of the way there... unfortunately, I doubt I could get all that done before Monterey... when is that, btw?

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
7/12/13 6:23 p.m.

If it doesn't sell here, who are you consigning with?

maseratiguy
maseratiguy New Reader
7/12/13 10:08 p.m.

Gorgeous car!

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
7/15/13 8:52 a.m.

Thanks Maserati Guy. I agree just need the space or I would keep it. After I did the stupid expensive grill upgrade, the car just looked perfect.

I am selling at No Reserve at Russo and Steele, probably Thursday night. I know, that did not work ideally with the Fiat but I have a 20k absentee bid already from a collector so I feel fairly safe.

Ian the sale is August 15-18. You can get more info on their sale at the link here.

It is the only no reserve Aston martin of any kind for sale during Monterey week.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
7/20/13 9:18 p.m.

So the magazine comes out with an article listing the DB7 as one of the top ten future investment cars to buy now just as Andy happens to have one up for sale?

What a coincidence. :-)

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/21/13 8:10 a.m.

Good luck with the auction. Wish I had room (and funds) for it.

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
7/30/13 3:07 p.m.

Actually a slight change. I am trading it for a Jensen Interceptor III after Monterey.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/30/13 3:11 p.m.

Huh? Hopefully they're adding some cash to that deal?

ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy
ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy New Reader
7/31/13 12:33 a.m.

Very sharp. Good luck with the sale!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9oC3MgWG1jpIXFFqTweca1Lhri6BFYWb9M4VEQzlkkhV23P61bMgxv0Xisam9bhW