bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
4/27/10 6:28 a.m.

Guys, Unfortunately I've run into hard financial times, as my wife has lost her job, and I must sell my TVR project. Not to get political, although I guess I am, but if anyone here thinks this health care legislation is a good thing, you might be interested in knowing that after 23 years of nursing for the same hospital, she lost her job because they are posturing themselves in anticipation of the inevitible, that being that they are going to end up getting paid at medicaid rates, which no hospital can currently survive on. So we're going to insure 40 something million more people with what looks like it will be about 50-60% ( A number I got from my friend that is the CEO of a hospital) of the doctors and other healthcare professionals as we have today. These professionals will also make much less money than they do today. What do you think that will do to the quality of health care in this country? Now apply that same senario to the perscription drug industry. Are they going to spend the money on research for new cures when there is no payback? Sorry, I'm a bit bitter right now, as I have no idea how I'm going to make my house payments, much less put my 16 year old twins through college. Anyway, back to my TVR. You can see it here:

http://classicmotorsports.net/reader-rides/70/

I have receipts for $16k in parts that go along with this car. I have virtually everything to finish it except seats, headliner, and some interior trim panels. I have steel bumpers for it, but they need re-chromed. All other chrome parts have been re-plated or replaced. I apologize for listing it here. I'm going to list it in the classifieds on GRM, but since it's more of a classic, I wanted people here to know about it. The price is $7500, which I think is a pretty good deal for a car that only needs paint, the aformentioned bits, and re-assembled. There's lots more information to know about this car, but too much for me to write without getting carpel tunnel, so contact me if interested and I'll be glad to tell you everything. Email me at bravenrace@yahoo.com for more information.

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 Reader
4/27/10 8:24 p.m.

Have you let Marshall Moore in Roanoke, Virginia know. He may be able to help you sell it.

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 Reader
4/27/10 8:27 p.m.

or, move to Virginia. Your wife can work for us (hospital HR guy here) and bring the TVR. One of my neighbors has an '86 280i.

WilD
WilD Reader
4/28/10 9:09 a.m.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's job. I hadn't heard of healthcare workers getting the axe over the new law yet, but I know some business (manufacturing and service) owners are planning to layoff workers to accomodate the changes. It's a bad thing for a lot of people.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
4/29/10 5:58 a.m.
Shinsen774 wrote: or, move to Virginia. Your wife can work for us (hospital HR guy here) and bring the TVR. One of my neighbors has an '86 280i.

You're actually hiring? I'd be interested in knowing what your hospital predicts the future to hold.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
4/29/10 5:59 a.m.
Shinsen774 wrote: or, move to Virginia. Your wife can work for us (hospital HR guy here) and bring the TVR. One of my neighbors has an '86 280i.

Yeah, but I have to work too! Hey, don't tell her you have openings, she may decide to move without me!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N9ine7jtDoeNhrinLrqNhmmyelkJwEMTxXXaWxGE5mUrCqxNChTLDNMe1YOjmfcF