Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/24/11 1:26 p.m.

He's only had it a couple of weeks, but Per is making progress on the BMW 2002 tii already.

Click here to see the latest update.

Seeing is good, but being seen might be even more important!

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/24/11 1:44 p.m.

That is awesome.

I really want to mount a discreet 3rd brake light up high in the car.

Being low has issues in modern traffic too.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
1/24/11 3:42 p.m.

I've heard they are working on a Spitfire (square tail) kit, although I'd hope they'd make one for the round tails as well.

Andre, at least your have a good rear window to mount a 3rd light in. In a Spitfire, options are limited. The Volvo, with its all-glass rear hatch, is tricky as well.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
1/24/11 8:19 p.m.

Nice but they need to start making stuff for vintage Japanese cars too.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/24/11 8:35 p.m.

I'll have to find the email for this, but...

As per the 3rd light on a spit. I think you could blend something in, but brighter tails would help too.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/25/11 8:58 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote: Nice but they need to start making stuff for vintage Japanese cars too.

It would be relatively easy to co-opt tail lights intended for a european car to something like a Datsun 510 or 240. They also offer custom jobs, but you'd have to call them for pricing.

^^ I'd bet I could fit this kit in a 240Z, though. ^^

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
1/25/11 4:46 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
jimbob_racing wrote: Nice but they need to start making stuff for vintage Japanese cars too.
It would be relatively easy to co-opt tail lights intended for a european car to something like a Datsun 510 or 240. They also offer custom jobs, but you'd have to call them for pricing. ^^ I'd bet I could fit this kit in a 240Z, though. ^^

I have a 280Z and there's a guy on one of the web forums that does conversions for $500 but I don't think that they are that nice. I did send them an email about it.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/25/11 5:38 p.m.

Or you could make your own board...

A.

Raze
Raze Dork
1/26/11 9:42 a.m.

I'm surprised no Fiat 124 lights...

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
1/26/11 11:20 a.m.

I've gotten from here before- http://www.superbrightleds.com/

And I thought they were also a sponsor of GRM.

The only issue that I've had to deal with is that the resistance of the LED's don't make the original blinker realy work, so you need to either install a resistor or use their relay.

For the Fiat, isn't the rear light rectangular or square, much like the Alfa? I bet you can get the square set up to work quite well, or at least a bulb insert.

But love the lights on the BMW. that's pretty cool.

stevekbmw
stevekbmw None
1/26/11 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Raze: Hi,

I'm Steve from Classic Auto LEDs. I had 2 124 spyders and and 850 spyder years ago. Fun cars. I'm working on getting my cost down to where I can make short production runs for as many classics as I can. A short run can be from 5 to 10 cars. If there is enough interest and I can get the use of a tail light assembly, then I would consider doing that. Any interest of thought about that.

Thanks, Steve steve@classicautoleds.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cjsghV1r0Fibr9PvQaoB0nYgzNnqOUo28p3VTxZQ1AMWtcvr6Ld4Py0UZvVycAk6