Lionel
Lionel New Reader
5/31/10 4:57 a.m.

As a member of the Shelby Club for over 30 years with my Tiger, I always knew of Pete Brock, but as famous as he is, I figured he would be unapproachable. A couple of years ago at Sebring I spoke to him briefly while he was displaying one of the six original Cobra Daytona Coupes. Even so at the 2010-MITTY, I was still surprised to see what a down to earth guy he is. He spent a lot of time at the Datsun Corral. He was genuinely interested in the cars & the owners. Here he is having a laugh at the license plate of my daily-driver of 25 years. I put a 1000 miles on the 'Box that weekend, but what a great time it was. Thanks to Pete Brock, Classic Motorsports, & everyone else who made it happen.

Lionel
Lionel New Reader
5/31/10 5:16 a.m.

Sorry the picture is so small. I am still challenged when it comes to transferring a picture from Flickr to this site. Pete is laughing because my License Plate reads "CHITBOX".

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/31/10 8:10 p.m.

Yep, he's a nice guy, and it's been a real treat to work with him.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
5/31/10 10:09 p.m.

What I have read about Pete is great. I bought a shirt off his website and his wife was behind on shipping it to me and was so nice about the whole situation that they sent me a calendar. they communicated well and were so nice about the delay.

real people that like old cars and are down to earth.

and I haven't heard Pete drop the "F" bomb yet.....LOL

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/4/10 10:13 p.m.

Absolute prince of a guy. He and his wife, Gayle, invited me to stay at his house one weekend and we had a great time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q9M0K8eQR5eesuPW6Imgox5OdPubmJmnPz7oTtntpR3gb5yZamvf5yNWNHsTy2LT