Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
1/7/21 10:04 a.m.
feature_image

Alec Issigonis designed the Mini to be assembled quickly and efficiently. Still, that doesn’t mean putting one back together is just a weekend job. 

The big reason? Space is tight–really tight. The Mini is a master of space efficiency, but the extreme economy of its design also means many components need to go back together in a certain order. Miss …

Read the rest of the story

Minicoops23
Minicoops23
2/2/21 8:03 a.m.

I have followed this build via the magazine and now online.  Very nice!

Question regarding originality of these cars as I have an old MK1 Cooper that has been "bitsa'ed" over the years with later Cooper S engine and running gear.

Is it worth respraying the car back to its original color?  It had been painted British Racing Green in the 80's.  With the value of the "classic" Minis these days should I ever sell it just looking for opinions on whether going back to the Smoke Grey color as original would be worthwhile.

dextervw
dextervw Reader
2/3/21 8:27 a.m.

She's looking really good Tim!   You're right though it takes way more than a weekend!  I've somehow (they followed me home I swear) acquired 3 minis over the past 20 months,  they are a delight to work on and very satisfying to drive.  Whats the plans when this one is back up and running? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rdzWs8PyTe2bKCYhrG3WmxGlgBmA3Ra1kq6lEtmRK3dAIfOLyiu3AkhivpQCT61n