1 2
rconlon
rconlon Reader
10/27/08 3:53 p.m.

Dougie The Goodwood car is a Fiat Jolly. They made several types on different platforms. THe most common used the 500 platform. This one was based on the Fiat Multipla.

cheers Ron

dougie
dougie New Reader
10/27/08 8:18 p.m.

Ron,

This is what I remember the Fiat Jolly looking like, thanks for the insight. <a href="J1600x1200-04006">

Gary
Gary Reader
10/30/08 12:57 p.m.

356 Outlaw coupes seem to command much higher prices in the market than pristine restored coupes, which defies logic. With other classics that have been altered the value drops. I appreciate the outlaw look but I personally wouldn’t pay the prices I’ve seen, nor would I create an Outlaw from an original. I’d prefer to start with a kit or a reproduction. There are a lot of Speedster kits available but I recently saw an ad for a reproduction 356A coupe kit. This could be a less expensive way to create an Outlaw and you wouldn’t be modifying an original. Has anybody seen one of these 356 coupe reproductions?

http://www.jps-motorsports.com/

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/30/08 3:06 p.m.

Gary,

I understand your perspective and agree that Outlaws are not for everyone. I'm not comfortable dictating how someone else should best enjoy their property.

I am not a CW and never will be. I appreciate the effort that goes into making a 99.9 point car, but I know that's not my cup of tea.

As for prices; the CW cars still pull a premium over other 356 coupes. A well executed outlaw will be just under a CW car, with driver/rolling restorations below that. Considering the costs for some of the exotic gear on the Outlaws, it's not surprising that their values reflect that.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/30/08 3:21 p.m.

FYI: Here's a kit outlaw. It's running a Raby TIV and is pretty sweet too.

Gary
Gary Reader
10/30/08 4:13 p.m.

Kapt:

Have you seen the 356A coupe replica from JPS Motorsports? They're located in North Hollywood.

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
10/30/08 4:58 p.m.

Not in the flesh, no, but I have seen the pics.

One picture I saw not too long ago showed that the A pillar was much thicker on the replica coupe. Not that that is significant, but it showed the limitations of fiberglass.

Something about that shape is so pleasing to me. Not sure why. LOL

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JuZjtV9CQlwHAv3vRDB9414QDwNLpFJWFUxp7Xf7DxgZm5s4i7QUNO3d25bpkmSl