1 ... 7 8 9
NormanMay
NormanMay New Reader
8/12/20 8:00 a.m.

1960 Porsche 356 BT5  from Melbourne, Australia, Heron Grey with Black interior, restored by owner as far as possible to original specs, using many reconditioned original parts. Displaying poster and memorabilia from one of our many visits to Monterey car week. Car is garaged due to COVID 19 stage 4 lockdowns in Melbourne. 

Serge Small
Serge Small
8/12/20 3:07 p.m.

My 1972 Porsche 911 T on Laureles Grade between Monterey and Carmel during Rennsport Reunion VI after just doing laps on Laguna Seca (sticker on corner of the windshield)

and on Buttonwillow Raceway during the RGruppe Sports Purpose Day

Serge Small

truevisionmw@gmail.com

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/12/20 3:53 p.m.

The winners have been decided. We will get them all organzied and give you the results tomorrow. I'll give you one hint... an early British car won best of show.

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
8/12/20 6:36 p.m.
Tim Suddard said:

The winners have been decided. We will get them all organzied and give you the results tomorrow. I'll give you one hint... an early British car won best of show.

The Brits were out in full force. Amazing stuff. Don't know how you picked a winner in that bunch!!

hermanson0
hermanson0 New Reader
8/12/20 6:58 p.m.

Emile Dell Aquilas 1973 Maserati Bora.

Richard Chong
Richard Chong New Reader
8/13/20 10:55 a.m.

In reply to crosswire

Hello Steve,

Nice to hear that you had two Mantas. I've never seen a Manta B in the US. Yes, I have my Ascona as the photo was taken on 8/11/20.  I like how you are mentoring your son into auto repair. I also like your car collection, especially the Capri in the background. 

Richard Chong

Nancy Gomes
Nancy Gomes New Reader
8/14/20 9:24 a.m.

In reply to J-Bar-J :

Hello!  Can you please contact me at Nancy@classicmotorsports.com as you are the winner of the Best Triumph in the Classic Motorsports Kickoff Cruise-In party!  

832ark
832ark
9/29/20 8:49 a.m.
cyncrvr said:
mlewis6 said:

I bought this 1967 Lotus Elan Plus 2 in 1979 aged 24, having been a Lotus fanatic since the days of JPS. In 1981 I decided to emigrate to Canada from the UK. The toughest part of that decision was selling this Lotus. Thanks to the internet I found it in 2014 by googling the registration “ONR 920F”. It had been through a major renovation, however due to the car being so original many of the parts and components were rebuilt rather than replaced. It came up for sale in 2017 so I bought it and arranged to have it shipped to Northern California where I now live. The dealer then called me and said that the tach was not working, they could either ship it as planned or delay it a few weeks and fix it. Although I am usually impatient, I decided I had not seen the car in 37 years so I could go a few extra weeks. On October 16th, 2017 I took the day to clean up the space in the garage and hang up the poster sized pictures I had kept of it from the 70’s. All was ready for its arrival.

It was that night the wildfire ripped through my hometown destroying my home and everything in it, including my renovated 1991 Lotus Elan. ONR 920F arrived a few days later narrowly missing the fires.

My prop is the California number plate retaining the Lotus’s original number (UK plate also in the picture) and the way in which I found her.

Wow! What a story and I am very sorry for your losses. Your Elan is beautiful, luckily it was spared  Thanks for posting.

Interesting story, I found your post whilst randomly searching the reg number.

I owned the old girl from 2005-2009. It was still yellow when advertised around 2016ish, when did it become white?

mlewis6
mlewis6 New Reader
10/14/20 11:21 p.m.

In reply to 832ark :

How interesting - I missed your post.  ONR 920F was originally white.  She was damaged in shipping to the US so needed fixing, so at the same time I put her back to the exact white she was.  Please feel free to contact me at mlewis@market-partners.com I'd love to hear more.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Uv2JmWWIiaJW5AtdsAQNdTzWQUCIUafNushTaCPhJYoZw2LumgFqD3HdLqOCzQkZ