volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
12/31/14 5:22 a.m.

For your New Years Eve entertainment, here's a great picture. The young lady in the picture is the daughter of some friends of ours, and her great-grandfather purchased the car she is sitting in brand new...in 1965.

And so the torch passes.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
12/31/14 9:14 a.m.

The car's a '65 Bonneville, incidentally

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
1/3/15 4:06 a.m.

Very Cool. Here is a pic of my daughter in the Cooper:

photo NextGen1_zpsda061e82.jpg

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
1/4/15 6:39 p.m.

In reply to Leo Basile:

Had a good photo of my daughter in my TR4 when she was about that age. Wish I could find it to post.

OFracing
OFracing Reader
1/4/15 7:48 p.m.

Here's a picture of my oldest son, Chris, driving my GT6 in a classic car parade the day before the Fall Festival at Limerock last August. The Porsche behind him is Skip Barber. The 2nd picture is Chris working on his Spitfire after it came back from the paint shop. We hung the doors on it this week, it's almost done. The hobby is alive and well in Poughkeepsie.

Mike H

Tom1200
Tom1200 Reader
1/4/15 10:40 p.m.

Sure now I have scan the picture of my son sitting in a Mcclaren F1 car, it's from about 15 years ago......I will try and put it up tomorrow.

Tom

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
1/5/15 7:00 p.m.

It's not a classic, but here's my son in a tube frame Corvette from the defunct American GT series.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Reader
1/5/15 7:15 p.m.

What does the next generation count as? I'm 15 and I have an 84 cutlass, do I count?

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/6/15 10:30 a.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man: I do believe you do.

Here's a few of my attempts to indoctrinate my kid:

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
1/6/15 10:49 a.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: What does the next generation count as? I'm 15 and I have an 84 cutlass, do I count?

It's all in your perspective. From my vantage point, anyone who is young enough to not be retired is at least the next generation. But I can remember being a senior and thinking how young the freshmen looked. Just don't ask me what I had for dinner last night!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/6/15 11:39 a.m.

My son Brad. Tell me that isn't a Rick Mears smile!

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
1/6/15 12:12 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:Luck You! He probably won't need braces!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/6/15 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Rupert:

He didn't, but his twin brother needed them to the tune of $15k.

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
1/21/15 7:43 p.m.

My daughter is 1.5 years old. I took her to a cars and coffee event right before her first birthday. This past weekend I finished building her first car (still needs some finishing work, but she enjoyed the test drive).

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
1/21/15 8:39 p.m.

Nice rat rod!

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
1/21/15 9:09 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse:

Thanks! I made it out of a filing cabinet, a folding chair, two kids bicycles, and scrap I had in my shop.

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
1/22/15 11:09 a.m.

In reply to pushrod36: Nice! Living in Greater Appalachia I've seen rides on the road that don't look that good!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
1/23/15 7:08 a.m.

My daughter is 7 months old, and I'm already plotting what sort of vehicle her first car should be.

ronbros
ronbros Reader
1/25/15 9:16 a.m.

unless properly programed, there is big gap between generations.

i have for sale two mustangs,one a 1968 coupe, other 1972 coupe, both equipped the same 302 V8, automatic trans.

condition very close the same.

now here is where it gets interesting,a guy around 50-55yrs old, and his son 18yrs old.

both walk around them,DAD likes the 68, son says buy the 72, much better looking car.

I stand back and refresh my opinion, YES the 72 is a better looking car.

but the price books say the 68 is worth more than the 72.

anyway big difference in generations!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tlDFJMUA40NNoM76nZD7n39odp1kB4MGvItTpVIOXZrkNeYlXbfXGzC1O3rtIzsf