The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
10/17/18 3:43 p.m.

This story ran in an old issue of Classic Motorsports. Want to make sure you're reading all the latest stories? Subscribe now.

Photo Courtesy Toyota

Conventional wisdom insists that Japan’s first mid-engined sports car was heavily designed by Lotus. However, conventional wisdom really isn’t always right.

Sure, it’s easy to see how the Toyota MR2 could be a clandestine …

Read the rest of the story

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
11/27/18 7:26 a.m.

These cars are a lot of fun.  I recently got an '85 model back on the road for a friend. 

There are a lot of NLA parts anymore.  Some parts that challenged us were the wiring harness clips crumbling apart, and an ignition module that we had to adapt from a celica application.

Either of us were of the opinion that if you like a miata, but don't like convertibles, this is likely the car for you!

RacerJ
RacerJ New Reader
3/2/21 2:08 p.m.

Funny the comparison of the Miata to the MR2.  I actually have not driven this generation MR2.  But I have driven a number of the MR2 Spyders and Miatas.  Hands down I find the MR2 Spyder to be the better feeling sports car over the Miata.  I know the "masses" love the Miata.  But then they also loved the MGB - and I've always liked Alpines and Tigers better.  So what do I know?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2clLz4zVfDs752bId9m9DDHPNbHFzwAepQ0Ro7C0edTanxkjeQloR3y4E8abroQC