David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/17/20 1:20 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gt2VJEOuGKY

Stage rally isn’t just for small-bore machines. Big Ford sedans were popular back in the day and remain so today.

Watch more videos

slowbird
slowbird Dork
1/17/20 9:26 p.m.

Glorious.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
1/17/20 9:54 p.m.

Thanks. Watching that made my day just that much better

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/18/20 6:56 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Thanks. Watching that made my day just that much better

Cool. The Classic Motorsports site now has a Videos section. There's a tab for it at the top of the page. We have a list of videos queued up and will be adding them shortly.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
1/18/20 8:58 p.m.

Rallying a Galaxie doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
1/19/20 1:00 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Sure is entertaining to watch other people do it though.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/19/20 1:12 p.m.

Looks like a blast. I've road raced a Ford Victoria (not a crown Vic!) and that was fun-ish but this looks fun fun. 

03Panther
03Panther New Reader
1/20/20 10:18 p.m.

Great video! Thanks. Don't understand the comments, though... those were all SMALL Fords! with small winsdor engines... 289 from the factory, as they appeard to be 65's (although, at a glance, one apeared to be a 64 painted to look more like a 65. But very hard to spot the difference in those years) They are Falcons, not the big Galaxy's.

No sound on my work computer, so I did have to mis the full effect!!

dougie
dougie Reader
1/20/20 10:36 p.m.

The Swede's love the Ford Falcon, it's a very sought after car in Europe. I was at the Spa Six hour historic races this fall  cheering a Swedish friend racing his newly aquired '64 Falcon.

03Panther
03Panther New Reader
1/20/20 11:51 p.m.

Ive had several Falcons and Comets over the years, but collectors priced me out of 'em long time ago. My Grandma bought a 64 Tudor Falcon (yep, still used that for the base, though it didmt say it anywhere on the car) brand new, and didn't sell till 85 or so. Wouldn't see to me 'cause she didn't want to enable my addictions.

That white one makes me have impure thoughts!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cmjh2Po5axUMORAOubHHRmaEXCYKQPW6MbeumOZiB5N5Aj6WH90O3zBf49rgjCZo