Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/14/20 1:00 p.m.
feature_image

How much would you pay someone to drive you into a large body of water? Disney is hoping you'll pay $125 to do so.

For that amount (priced per car, not per person), you and up to three guests can have a "Captain Guided" 20-to-25-minute tour of the waters in and around Central Florida’s Disney Springs in the comfort of an Amphicar. Tours depart from The Boathouse from …

Read the rest of the story

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/14/20 1:14 p.m.

The restaurant there (The Boathouse?) is a great museum of old unique boats.  And the outboards there, although restored poorly and incorrectly in most cases, are nice to look at.  Way overpriced though.

Multiple examples of outboards designed before the invention of the Phillip's head screw that had them all over the place, still wanted thousands for them, but that's Disney.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/14/20 1:17 p.m.

Most of those amphicars are, or were owned by a collector based out of Minnesota. He had a ridiculous amount of stuff like that, amphis and metropolitans and weird small E36 M3. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/14/20 1:24 p.m.

There's a lake near me that I wakeboard on and it has a small island (small like, 4 acres tops) in the center, only accessible by boat. There are at least 3 amphicar owners that live there. And they are always overjoyed to show off or talk about their boatcars. Quirky, cool little things. I try to keep the wakes down while they're near, super easy to flood them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
06utZsqnnpFYfcBDqI5pDCGiJxjmEVTXf0tM6G3cENQT8whZZTYgM8FOmxVYNcCQ