Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/28/11 10:01 a.m.

I'm working on this Tii and decided that if I was spending X amount on paint, chrome and parts, why would I live with having different keys for the trunk, doors and the ignition? Bang, there goes another $75 to get everything keyed alike.

The devil is in the details.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
9/28/11 11:06 a.m.

"While I'm at it" and "might as well" can be a couple of expensive comments.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
9/28/11 1:23 p.m.

Indeed... one reason why my Volvo will become a 'cheap' race car (locks? I'm not sure the car will even have door glass) and I bought a GT6 that doesn't need to be restored (and all of the locks actually work and mostly still have the original keys).

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/29/11 6:16 a.m.

Install an inside trunk release, cover the trunk key hole, buy $75 worth of beer.

That was too easy, what else ya got?

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
9/29/11 8:00 a.m.

Dont you Yahoos know that if you put a release in the trunk people might get out!

Jeeze.

Leo

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/29/11 12:25 p.m.

It should be next to the seat like a cop car.

Don't ask ....

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
9/29/11 9:02 p.m.

The problem with doing anything is........ if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. To do it right requires matching locks. It will be worth it in the end.

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
9/30/11 6:02 a.m.

And this is how a friend of mine is getting into 40k to finish an MGB. He just cant stop.

He can afford it, so I just live vicariously, but it is almost like watching a slow motion train wreck.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
9/30/11 4:51 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I'm working on this Tii and decided that if I was spending X amount on paint, chrome and parts.................

I thought all the advertisers, suppliers, and general contacts you had "comped" you on everything for the sake of mentioning their name?

JUST KIDDING!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eIDp5yC3bXthTLJuRust0tsc8t2jSAyCKfBL4p6RvLAkCPME71DkOyCUU3LKNmKz