1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/6/21 12:31 p.m.

Done and done, I haven't subscribed to paper for a long time, so happy to support this way.

I would love to have targeted ads based on my current garage, that would be a great thing!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/6/21 12:42 p.m.

Ok, the missing memberships bug is now fixed. Thank you, ShawneeCreek, for the helpful details!

If you've paid for a membership but don't have your benefits, let me know.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/6/21 12:52 p.m.

Mine went thru with no problems.

With my luck with technology I am genuinely suprised

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/21 12:54 p.m.

Done!

And since I now have access to digital archives I can do some more "decontenting" of my house!  20 ish years of GRM is a lot of magazines to have in storage.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 1:02 p.m.

What kind of weirdo subscribes to a website?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/6/21 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

If you want to watch in car livestreams of my crapcan enduro adventures, you have to subscribe to my onlyfans. 200tw tires get better and better every year, but they aren't getting any less expensive. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/21 1:10 p.m.

Now I am in the rabbit hole of digital archives.  Fun, but entirely useless fact.  I drove my 1982 VW Rabbit that was as "tricked out" as I could afford to Daytona Beach in 1990 or 1991 during Bike Week.  I had no idea you folks existed then . . . but I plan to read the issues from that year.

I'm sure you folks noted my beige four door, no bumpers, Kamei air-dammed 70 horsepower VW, right?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/6/21 1:12 p.m.

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

That was you??? (Actually, we would've absolutely noticed that. Always had a thing for those... hence the one we recently bought.)

Also, thank you, thank you, everyone. It's pretty heartening to see your support. We will work very hard to deserve it and make this worth your while.

Margie

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/6/21 1:17 p.m.

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

At some point we will probably have all 37 years of back issues available to you. The early ones will have to be scanned.

Tyler H (Forum Supporter)
Tyler H (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/6/21 1:28 p.m.

Done.  Much rather contribute directly to GRM.  When my wife sees random Patreon stuff on the credit card statement, she starts to think I'm on OnlyFans or something.  When she sees GRM, she just thinks I'm a dork.  laugh

tb (I support things)
tb (I support things) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/6/21 1:31 p.m.

Done. I am reading and writing in the forums more now than in the last couple decades combined and am happy to chip in a few dollars.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 1:34 p.m.

Tried to sign up got the following error:

{"error": "get() returned more than one User -- it returned 2! It is possible you share an email with more than one account, which is not supported"}

A long time ago I setup a second user to try and pull together a list of all challenge builds in progress... that user can be deleted if it is the issue. 

Done. Glad to see your business grow, and thanks for giving us great content and a place to hang out!

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/21 1:46 p.m.

Thanks for providing this option, my wife will appreciate the availability of the digital archive!  On a side note, I'm having issues in Chrome on my iPhone XR (running 14.4.2).  Basically the your comment box is not available. Are others seeing this issue?

Tom Suddard
4/6/21 1:53 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

Hmm, sounds like a cache issue. Try clearing it and see if that helps.

Tom Suddard
4/6/21 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

This should be fixed now.

Vajingo
Vajingo HalfDork
4/6/21 2:01 p.m.

There should be a referral program. I can't tell you how many people I've directed to this website. Might be fun if, when they sign up and list you as the drug dealer, you get a GRM sticker. And then we can have a "whose got the most refers?" Thread. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/6/21 2:09 p.m.

Yes, thank you, everyone, for the support. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/6/21 2:18 p.m.

In reply to Vajingo :

Getting them to the website is one thing, getting them to purchase your incomplete project car after checking out the website is a completely different tier. 

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
4/6/21 2:19 p.m.

Will this cover any Classic Motorsports content as well, or is that being kept separate?

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/21 2:20 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

Hmm, sounds like a cache issue. Try clearing it and see if that helps.

Thanks, Tom - that fixed it!

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/21 2:33 p.m.

Done. I am a plus. Plusser?

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/21 2:36 p.m.

This is the only forum I visit anymore, and its for good reason.  The people and content here are the best.  I'm happy to support it!

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 2:36 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

What kind of weirdo subscribes to a website?

Hmm, it's almost like someone is trying to build a list of these weirdoes and validate it by accepting payment .

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 2:41 p.m.

I didn't like Patreon. I prefer to just pay once instead of having an ongoing monthly expense.

Maybe this means I can clean up years and years of back issues without worrying about needing an article from 5 years ago a week after I gave the print copy away. 

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zEDpKYBaPmfIjntiQaQafcSADLcaJo8yrTn6qnw7uu89WSuSgL5NSuhWPzS4hfLE