czerka
czerka New Reader
9/28/22 6:17 p.m.

After a few weekends at the track, mission creep set in and my to remain as stock as possible Civic ended up with some Fortune Auto 500 coil overs and new control/camber arms.  It is a daily first so I went with Fortune Autos recommended default spring rates of 8k front, 6k rear.  This is fine for driving around and probably fine for the track but shiny aftermarket parts are cool so I was wondering how much further yall would take it. 

I've seen 10k/17k being ran by a couple people.  It has divorced springs in the rear. So, I was thinking I could get a set of 15k rear springs swap them in come track time and run a similar slightly softer ratio.  This would be easy to add to my pre track prep work.

A larger rear sway bar is option two.  How would this effect daily driving?

Both is option three.

Doing neither is where I'm currently at, at least until I've been on the track with the coil overs.

I mainly want to know is, now that I've put coil overs on is there anything I've got to or might as well do to finish what I've started?  Tires and brakes have already been reasonably upgraded and car is caught up on maintenance.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/22 3:22 p.m.

I wouldn't recommend going any harder for a daily-driven car, or swapping out parts before you've even tested them for that matter! I would recommend going with harder sway bars before increasing spring rates further, not necessarily just a rear bar though, as this will shift the handling balance toward oversteer which may not necessarily be what you want. See how the handling balance is with the new coilovers before you make any further changes.

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/29/22 3:34 p.m.

I'd do a sway bar before getting harder springs. I thought I needed coils but the rear sway bar does a very good job at tightening up my handling. 

Rear sway bar does make the car more oversteer-y but that's also more fun :) 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/29/22 3:51 p.m.

wait... you haven't even driven on them yet and you think you need more?

No. Full stop. Figure out what the car wants with some seat time first. Then open your wallet if you have to. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/22 4:54 p.m.

Non-SI, Progress rear bar and koni sport single adjustable shocks. No other changes from stock. Second at it's first two events. 

A rear bar is a good idea, something I would suggest before coils. Since you've already got them, I definitely agree that you need to try the car out before making more changes.

Otherwise, you won't even know what each change is doing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gqnv4TDDZfUgTuu7EsYOAb45cUK2xzHiNxqNVdjps5CWVQtLZ8oME4w8w12I8a6W