Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
7/18/22 12:20 p.m.

What do you value most in a motorsports tire? Grip? Longevity? Consistency? Streetability? Affordability? 

What if you could have all those factors at the minor expense of some wet performance? That’s what Tire Rack’s Streetable Track and Competition category aims to deliver. 

These tires feature durable tread compounds, very little squirm-producing void, and good internal puncture resistance. Just don’t get …

Read the rest of the story

kevox
kevox GRM+ Member
7/18/22 1:23 p.m.

Interesting. You didn't put the lap times for the last test but you're saying the detuned a052 session had the same time as the maxxis with more hp? Also, have you guys ever tested the hoosiers with it's allowed hp vs a052 with it's added hp? I'm starting NASA time trial next year and don't have money for hoosiers, but wondering if I'll be able to win with 200 tw with the extra hp.

apexdc
apexdc New Reader
7/18/22 1:44 p.m.

Is there some correlation between this test and the AO52, CR-1, RT660 TW200 test?   Is it the same track?  I realize day to day on the same track can vary. 

CSSharpe
CSSharpe GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/19/22 10:50 p.m.

In reply to apexdc :yes, same track.

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
8/5/22 9:31 a.m.

In reply to CSSharpe :

Same track, different direction...lap times not comparable. 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
8/5/22 9:34 a.m.

In reply to kevox :

same relative times.  

the track was faster overall the second day.  

in short,  we basically got the same result by either picking the slower tire group with more power, or the quicker tire with less power.  But the lap times were made in very different ways.  So results will vary on more extreme tracks.  

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
8/5/22 9:38 a.m.

In reply to kevox :

As for Hoosiers, I haven't done them back to back same day, but previous Hoosier laps with that car on that track suggest that the purple crack on lower power still holds an advantage.  But it's not nearly as big as it once was.  

Dezza
Dezza New Reader
8/29/22 8:00 p.m.

The AR1 Nankang works in the wet.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wn4scxjOQPEF48HfOOAyDHKUCyA7TRDdvBF4cRxQUSV7Tc9oS2YLFPZCJKTKZWv6