Sick. Moar photos with f/r please.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
10/7/12 3:34 p.m.

x2. Finish it and give me car pr0n!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
10/7/12 4:16 p.m.

Some day I'll get the chance to stop at a house in NJ I pass going to work. The owner has a same model Javelin prepped for Solo I (now Time Trial). I saw the car at a show years ago, but didn't get to talk to him. It definitely appears to be built for corners...

I don't know if he's on forums or not and its kept covered so I don't 100% remember what color it is. IIRC, dark blue with a lot of stickers and whatnot.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
10/7/12 4:27 p.m.

100mm L+R? 100mm per corner?

That looks good

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/12 5:47 p.m.

I love how older cars look with tasteful modern rims and rubber

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
10/7/12 6:01 p.m.

I'm biased, owning a set myself, but I really like FRP1's on most anything. Nice choice, maybe for laughs grab a scale and measure the weight difference between your old and new wheel/tire package?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/12 7:17 p.m.

they are a pretty rim.. I had thought about a pair for the Ti

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/12 11:09 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: 100mm L+R? 100mm per corner? That looks good

100mm each front. 185's on the Weld's (drag setup), 285 V710's on the Enkei's. The rears are up to 285 from 215.

The rear fitment is insane, this car could do like a 335 without any mods!

Javelin
10/7/12 11:11 p.m.
pres589 wrote: Maybe for laughs grab a scale and measure the weight difference between your old and new wheel/tire package?

The wheels on it now are 14" Weld Rodlite drag racing wheels, they are lighter.

I'm borrowing the Enkei's from a friend's FD RX-7 Solo car. I have the P71's old staggered FR500's coming for next season.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
10/7/12 11:22 p.m.

There are so many cars on my "must have" list, I'm sure glad I don't need a Jav... oh. Damn. You had to go and do that. This'll work out great if I win the lottery and live to be 200.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/12 11:53 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: This'll work out great if I win the lottery and live to be 200.

"Say What?" candidate...

Javelin
10/8/12 9:19 a.m.

So what do you do when you bring a car back to life that's been sitting non-running since 1986? take it racing, of course! I've been borrowing a friend's 914 all season, so he is co-driving the Javelin as part of a thanks, and another friend is letting me borrow the wheels, so he gets a drive, too. So, 3 drivers in it's first race, sure, why not?

I'm crazy, aren't I?

I need to get the smaller spacers bored out, get some lug nuts, install the coolant overflow bottle, and change the oil before the 20th. If I'm really lucky, I'll wash it and vacuum the crap out of the interior, too.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel HalfDork
10/8/12 9:25 a.m.

What you need is a 4th will-work-for-a-drive guy who happens to be a professional detailer.

The wheels look fantastic, BTW.

Javelin
10/8/12 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Stealthtercel:

Thanks! Also, I used to detail, and have already brought the paint back as much as it will come. What I need is a 4th who can tune carburetors, because this Motorcraft is a total POS.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel HalfDork
10/8/12 11:19 a.m.

Sorry, I didn't mean to diss the paint, I just thought you could use a guy for the washing & vacuuming so you could focus on the fun stuff. (Or on the Motorcraft, as it turns out.)

Javelin
10/8/12 11:30 a.m.

In reply to Stealthtercel:

No worries, but yeah, a driveway monkey would help. (Any Portland GRMers want to change the oil in my wife's Grand Prix for a co-drive? )

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MpbaJESSTrWxTKxMsyCNXrJArZXaSfSYtmg9G9BPfqb9e7WJN8S18i016z0sMnFK