the staff of Motorsport Marketing
the staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
7/16/15 12:09 p.m.

Wayne Presley, owner of VeryCoolParts.com, has some must-do tips for any endurance race team.

1. Talk with your drivers and remind them that two hours of fast laps are wasted with just one spin, black flag or wreck.

2. Use a checklist to make sure you don’t forget any parts, pieces or tasks.

3. When you arrive at the …

Read the rest of the story

jfb
jfb None
8/8/15 2:50 p.m.

A few additional tips for an overnight race.

1. Test your driving lights and window tints/shades ahead of time. Don't waste time at the track setting this up. At a 25 Hours of Thunderhill, there was a mad rush to the local Walmart after the night practice. Also, our 4 big driving lights exposed our weak alternator, which we had to change.

2. Get some unique marker lights for you car ahead of time. All the cars look alike in the dark and it helps your crew track you if you have a unique light on the roof or on the side. Just don't use colors that look like emergency vehicles and nothing flashing.

3. Having a dedicated cook/food preparer is great. One of our team cooks for a hobby and kept food available for the entire race. Very handy to get a hot meal in the middle of the night when you are dead tired and cold.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
8/8/15 6:30 p.m.

I drove in a 10 hr enduro once.

Drove the car to the track. Put my helmet on and ran practice.

Ran the entire race. I drove a total of six, my co driver ran four.

About half way in the race, changed the front tires.

After the race, drove the car home.

Any guesses when and where that was ?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
8/8/15 7:58 p.m.

1) Bring a grease board to track things (driver line ups, pit stop responsibilities, anything else).

2) Bring a note pad, take notes on setups for the track, and let each driver write notes about the car. They can tell you something right after they get out of the car; but, you may forget.

3) Bring coolers filled with water, gatorade, and sandwiches. Even if you do have a dedicated cook sometimes they get to drunk and pass out during the whole event. Sandwiches are great alternatives.

4) Have a sense of humor.

5) Don't get the red mist. (The great Mental taught me this)

6) Don't be a dbag driver. If a slower car waves you by on the left, go on the left.

7) Have a plan for everything.

G) refer to rue #4 - remember we're all out there to have fun.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/15 8:04 p.m.

Eat bananas not prunes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yUIhGIPwrvcHopH4xWWOTsoKHXiZCDiIX3yQEtTbY7OCBwfYsDZRZP2iHJCKgjFt