Enyar
Enyar Dork
8/10/16 8:31 p.m.

This was my first car, the car I learned to wrench on. I've owned it since I was 15 and I've sunk a a ton of money into it but I've learned so much DIY/practical skills from it that it may have been my best investment ever.

When I bought it it had 88k miles and was bone stock. 14 years later and there are few bolts that haven't been touched. for the past 7 years it's been covered and garaged at my Grandmothers house. Unfortunately we had to move her into an assisted living facility and need to sell her house. For those seven years I changed the oil as much as I changed the gas. It was warmed up and driven every 6-9 months. Starts right up. Has some driveability issues because it's back to the stock tune and the A/C needs a charge.

Anyway it's time to let it go. I may regret it in 15 years but it deserves to be with someone that will actually use it.

Here are the mods I could track down from an old car domain page

1994 Mustang GT – V8 5.0 5 Speed

Pictures Sounds http://s50.photobucket.com/user/blueovalstanggt/media/2016/9E521BE1-C70A-40F4-B584-F4CF3D479D76_zpsbmysprqg.mp4.html

What do you think it's worth? Looking at completed listings I could see it go for anywhere between $3500 to $8k. I've been disconnected from the car world for so long I don't really know for sure. What do you guys think?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/16 9:19 p.m.

Without knowing current mileage and having pics of the undercarriage, detailed pics of the interior and such, it's a guessing game.

Because condition is going to sell this car for more than $5k more than anything else. If it isn't registered and insured, do that so that people get the impression it's a reliable driver, too.

Enyar
Enyar Dork
8/11/16 6:28 a.m.

Sorry, it currently has 127k miles and is rust free. I'm the 2nd owner and it's been a a garaged Florida car it's whole life. For the past 7 years it's been covered. garaged and had those damp rid buckets inside. As for the interior consider it mint. I replaced the carpets and the seats and everything is fine. The only defects i can think of is the tint on the drivers side bubbled while it was sitting and the shift knob has a slight dent in it where the rear view mirror hit it (randomly fell off while in storage).

As for as registration and insurance.....I don't know if I want to give that false impression. As far as I know it runs great. Starts right up and and I drive it around the block every 6 months or so. That being said in the past 7 years it's only gone like 800 miles total.

I kind of do want to register/insure it just so I can bring it to the track one last time but I feel like that's a slippery slope and then I won't want to sell it.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/16 8:47 a.m.

That is a hard car to price. It really depends how long you want to sit on it. I could see it moving pretty quickly for $5-6K. I think it could sell for 8-9K with really good presentation and making it perfect but it would probably take a bit and have really really good documentation. to get the top end, You would want a good tune and the AC working great.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/11/16 8:59 a.m.

Tree-fiddy. I'll come get it tomorrow

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
8/11/16 9:07 a.m.

Around 5k and it will be gone fast because it will get bought by a kid to drive to work and be cool. Above that you start to spend time and energy to connect with the right buyer. That buyer will need to have 5k in his pocket since no bank will loan the money against that old of a car.

Best time to sell stuff like this is when people are spending the tax refund in the spring. Right now people are tapped out by vacations and needing to save back-to-school and for Christmas.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
8/11/16 10:24 a.m.

I agree. It's a great buy at $5,000-6000 for someone, and I bet you'd have multiple suitors in that price range.

The SN95 cars haven't started climbing up yet, except for ridiculously pristine (low mile Cobras) or ridiculously built examples.

Its a shame they haven't because they are great cars. Having learned to drive in a 4.6 SN95, I would prefer one to my fox from a driving stand point.

There was a local one, yellow, mint, 28k miles with a built auto trans and H/C/I that ended up getting parted out because it didn't sell at $6,000. Sad.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
8/11/16 10:27 a.m.

Unf, I WANT that. I even have a place to store it during the winter.

I just don't have the money for it.

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
8/11/16 11:02 a.m.

Keep in mind this is just my 2 cents and I have no actual data to back this up:

As it sits right now, I agree that you can easily get 5 for it. By removing the body kit, saleen stuff (real or not) and returning it back to stock body work I bet you could get 6-6.5k out of it. SN95s have been so cheap for so long that they've been bought by people who do dumb mods to them (you're not in this category, obviously) and stick big stupid wings and crappy fiberglass body kits on them (again, yours is different). I think the perception of SN95s with ground effects/body kits actually devalues them from a general public standpoint.

FordGT40
FordGT40 New Reader
8/11/16 12:05 p.m.

Beautiful car. I say keep it. Drive it on nice weekends and maybe do an autocross or track day or two. You will regret it if you get rid of it.

SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
8/11/16 12:34 p.m.
Cooper_Tired wrote: I agree. It's a great buy at $5,000-6000 for someone, and I bet you'd have multiple suitors in that price range. The SN95 cars haven't started climbing up yet, except for ridiculously pristine (low mile Cobras) or ridiculously built examples. Its a shame they haven't because they are great cars. Having learned to drive in a 4.6 SN95, I would prefer one to my fox from a driving stand point. There was a local one, yellow, mint, 28k miles with a built auto trans and H/C/I that ended up getting parted out because it didn't sell at $6,000. Sad.

I recently bought a Fox 5.0 and I agree the SN95's haven't really caught on, although the 5.0's are clearly worth more than the early 4.6's.

I think the best way to squeeze all the money you can out of this deal would be to move the car back to stock and sell the performance parts separately. But that would time and effort that you may not want or be able to put into the deal. To sell as a complete car your best bet is to do whatever you can about the driveabilty issues. It would be a shame for a car with so many nice upgrades not go for it's full potential over some easily fixed issue.

And see if you can fix the A/C or get it fixed - it a black car in August in Florida - people could die without A/C.

Mister Fister
Mister Fister New Reader
8/11/16 1:40 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Tree-fiddy. I'll come get it tomorrow

I was gonna offer him about tree-fiddy. God damn crustaceans from the paleolithic era.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WBgV4iUqbbYKX9PGuUA0Ysq8nmmrccBT3I85ojPVM73I7U8WxEsJhVfwhFDahTqf