rodknock Reader
8/8/19 2:16 p.m.

So I was driving my Miata around yesterday and one of the heater core hoses burst. I figured I would replace both hoses and and do the CAS O ring and the cursed water plug while I'm there.  Is there a readily available generic plug that I could pick up from a parts store? Most of the threads elsewhere say to pick it up from the dealer, but I necessarily want the car inop just to wait for a tiny part. Thanks! 

WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/19 2:36 p.m.

My only concern is that the local parts stores only stock vacuum caps, not actually the real plug/cap.  And every one of the parts store vaccum caps have failed within a year for me.  Your local Mazda dealer either has it in stock or will have it tomorrow for you.

PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/19 5:37 p.m.

I've sucessfull JB Welded a bolt in there before. Engine was out though I believe. 

Our Preferred Partners