maybe top few cars advance to him?

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/20 10:28 a.m.

I am in.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/28/20 11:18 a.m.

Wow I didn't this many people would be up for this. My track is pretty simple. The cars tuning on it have been stock but we can make different classes of needed. Keeping a limit on spending would be a good idea too

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
1/28/20 11:36 a.m.

Should we limit the number of cars per GRM'r that is sent in?  Or send in 2.  1 Dream car (the 917 I already bough) and 1 of an attainable example that we already own or could own?  

Just asking questions.  LOL

Durty
Durty Reader
1/28/20 12:02 p.m.

Did this just get advertised the past week because it showed up in my suggestions with the new rally and my 5 year old and I loved it. 

We definitely built a  two path race track with the tracks we have on hand. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
1/28/20 12:58 p.m.

I'm in for sending a car in too.  Also, can each of my son's send a car in?  If there's enough interest, we could even have a separate "trophy" for GRMer's kids

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
1/28/20 4:22 p.m.

This thread seems to he taking off.  Getting a life of it's own.  

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/28/20 8:31 p.m.

Keeping the field GRM is good idea. The $2.00 is a challenge but you can find metal base/chassis can be found for a dollar second hand. Throw some plastic wheels tires....bam race car. 

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
1/29/20 3:38 a.m.
Volksrodden said:

Wow I didn't this many people would be up for this. My track is pretty simple. The cars tuning on it have been stock but we can make different classes of needed. Keeping a limit on spending would be a good idea too

I'm up for sending in a car.  I fondly remember 'racing' these tiny cars with my son.  I would always buy him a new one at every Goodguys hotrod show, which he looked forward to,

as otherwise he was bored to death at these shows.  Then we could take back the new car and see if it was faster.   fun stuff!  

$2,000/64 = $32 max budget.  The titanium chassis and diamond polished axles, and wait is that a spring in there??  Cheater!

TurboFocus
TurboFocus HalfDork
1/29/20 8:22 a.m.

$32 is really high and I'm ok with $2.00, but if I buy fishing weights in bulk am I charged for all of them or just the ones I use?

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/29/20 5:47 p.m.

We do need set some rules up for this. I know with 3dBotMakers they have set weight limits/minimums that the cars have to fall into. Far as buying bulk fishing weight. I guess you take the amount of weigh buy the cost to determine how much was spent on the car. We might need to bump up the budget too $3.00?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/29/20 5:55 p.m.

Is this going to be named Grass Roots Minisports?

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
1/29/20 6:20 p.m.

Should it be the $2.20 challenge? 

Increase a penny per year? 

03Panther
03Panther Reader
1/29/20 7:16 p.m.

In reply to NoBrakesRacing :

Should it be the $2.20 challenge? 

Increase a penny per year? 

YES!

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
1/29/20 7:35 p.m.
noddaz said:

Is this going to be named Grass Roots Minisports?

GrassSeed Motorsports?

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
1/29/20 8:04 p.m.

I'm in... just got the 850 wagon!

will await acceptable mod list!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/20 8:16 p.m.

May I propose? 

Make the $2.00 Challenge a class where you use a currently available "$1 car" (blue package) Hot Wheels of your choice and you have $2.00 to modify it as you see fit. Must run stock wheels and axles and leave the body alone except paint and decorations. This should be enough budget for a weight, some lube, and a little detailing or a paint job right?

Then we can do a "Super Challenge Class" with something like a $20 budget but including a car purchase. This allows you to do $19 worth of mods to a Hot Wheels or but a $10 Tomica and mod it, or run a $20 M2 or something out of the box. Encourage crazy mods and paint!

Each GRM member sends in an entry for each and we have the races. As a bonus run the two class winners against each other to see what happens?

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
1/29/20 10:42 p.m.

Here's their rules:

3DBotMaker Rules

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
1/29/20 10:48 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I like the two leagues, although I may just enter the basic one. Would like to do one for me, one for my 5 year old son, and one for my 2 year old son. 

I do still like the idea of calling them $2.20 and $20.20 with corresponding budgets and .01 yearly increase. smiley

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/20 12:38 a.m.

In reply to NoBrakesRacing :

Totally onboard with kids class!!

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
1/30/20 7:48 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

They would really like seeing theirs cars in a YouTube video. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
1/30/20 7:55 a.m.

I'm in for sure.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/20 8:15 a.m.

Man, this reminds me I need to bust out my Anki OverDrive set. It's too bad they went out of business.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/30/20 8:42 p.m.

So we are pretty set with the two classes for the adults. For the Jr Grass class, I am thinking Stoke Card Class...they can detail/highlight the cars. It would make sense for a second class, what made are we thinking for it?

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/30/20 8:46 p.m.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
85ZWZKdUFSXo8FCCUOmLTRsO4FAxIwI5vgqu76LCtOksqatjRcF7NvPUgPVh2VoC