hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/16/11 5:51 p.m.

We had this vintage racer in our shop last Fall to modify the exhaust a little closer to the body and away from the rear tire. My buddy's brother built the engine for this car and got to race it on occasion. About two weeks after these pictures were taken he was driving in an event and a catastrophic flat caused him to flip the car. He landed back on the wheels with minimal body damage but the hood ornament is toast.

The car is back on the track and doing events again. The owner has it registered and still drives it on the street occasionally. Below is a link to the full photo album.

1929 Ford Roadster gallery

Aeromoto
Aeromoto New Reader
7/16/11 7:56 p.m.

Very cool! I know that Riley stuff is damn near priceless.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Reader
7/16/11 8:15 p.m.

That looks like a quite sophisticated car for it's day. Know any links to see it racing or posing outside in good light?

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/16/11 8:27 p.m.

I love the turned dash
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Hobiercr/Ford%20roadster/100_3623.jpg

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
7/16/11 8:43 p.m.

I keep having fantasies of a locost type car ,modeled after one of these. The real thing would be nice,but probably won't ever happen.

corytate
corytate Reader
7/16/11 8:45 p.m.

it's beautiful. absolutely beautiful.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/16/11 9:10 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: That looks like a quite sophisticated car for it's day. Know any links to see it racing or posing outside in good light?

Why yes, as a matter of fact...

YouTube videos

Photos

Graefin10
Graefin10 Reader
7/16/11 9:36 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr:

Thanks! You sure would have to know what you were doing in order to get away with racing those things on skinny tires in the rain.

kb58
kb58 Reader
7/16/11 9:44 p.m.

Skinny tires actually work better than wide tires since they have less water to push out of the way, and have higher pressure on the ground per sq. in. of contact.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w6wfgxsBlKxfDFXYChF48wZcZkLJWvZ01Lj3O3ppVyX0itgK1cCsIPyP53bypMkt