Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/4/09 12:55 p.m.
feature_image

Big fan of the SX4, let me know when you guys start installing some of the cool RRM stuff, I'll come lend a hand!

Read the rest of the story

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
2/4/09 1:22 p.m.

Disclosure: SX4 owner here!

Not sure I'd put the Fit and the SX4 in the same class, but there really isn't another compact AWD hatchback to compare it to. I'm technically on my 2nd SX4. I bought a base model '08 and liked it so much I traded up to an '09 just to get my spoiled self steering wheel audio controls and heated mirrors ;-) I am 13k into my '09 and have done nothing but change the oil maintenance wise.

It really comes alive with the RRM air intake!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/09 4:22 p.m.

So when does this turn into a rally monster?

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
2/4/09 4:56 p.m.

No AWD test? I thought that was the big reason to consider one of these! I'd be interested to hear what you guys thought of the AWD if you get your hands on one. I really don't know why anybody would get the FWD version.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/12/09 9:14 a.m.

Yeah, it was an FWD car. We often have to take what the press car fairies leave under our pillows.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Small vehicles like the Suzuki SX4 are the next big thing again, so we were eager to put our press car through the wringer to see how it stacked up against the competition.

Our example had a few creature comforts, such as a navigation system and Bluetooth phone integration, but we found the car to be somewhat spartan compared to products like the Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. The seven-year, 100,000-mile warranty promises a long life for your money, however. We also appreciated that the car was available with all-wheel drive.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JyvaTA5OmiVBTVU2YdW9QEEGDtXPn7DCdVdknsNkinSNCeGPLZ7vboEUcDA2wmJr