1 2
96DXCivic
96DXCivic New Reader
10/6/08 4:35 p.m.

I guess that is true I would just have to get a parking sticker which is $35 but I think the car has to be registered for the road. I need to look in on that.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
10/6/08 4:57 p.m.

where do you go to school?

96DXCivic
96DXCivic New Reader
10/6/08 5:00 p.m.

University of Alabama-Huntsville.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
10/6/08 6:23 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: I'll be driving down from Birmingham. Let me know closer to the event if you want to meet up with me and caravan down.

I intend on driving down from Birmingham too.

leshairybackedmom
leshairybackedmom New Reader
10/6/08 7:14 p.m.

Hey GRM 1964...I have more of Les' moms back hair should we decide to do the entire cycle. Actually, we took most of Monday and shaved her entire back, rather than just her right flank that we used on the seat, so we should have enough to do our entire fleet of cycles. Let's bring it back next year with an alcohol engine and a bubblewrapped Miata for Matt. BTW, love the new Avatar. Like mine?

DocHawk
DocHawk
10/6/08 7:40 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: I just saw in the SDGC that tires aren't counted towards budget. Real drag radials or autocross tires are going to lower their times significantly.

Hard to find drag radials or R compound tires that meet the DOT 200 treadwear requirement, which is also in the rules. I think that pretty much limits the performance and the budget hit, as well.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
10/6/08 7:45 p.m.
leshairybackedmom wrote: Hey GRM 1964...I have more of Les' moms back hair should we decide to do the entire cycle. Actually, we took most of Monday and shaved her entire back, rather than just her right flank that we used on the seat, so we should have enough to do our entire fleet of cycles. Let's bring it back next year with an alcohol engine and a bubblewrapped Miata for Matt. BTW, love the new Avatar. Like mine?

Be sure and bring six sets of leathers and eight helmets so you can run that thing on the dragstrip.

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
10/7/08 9:11 a.m.

Man, I need to read those rules. I counted all my brake parts in the budget.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/7/08 9:22 a.m.

the brake stuff is new for 2009. It was a clarification for 2008.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
10/7/08 9:43 a.m.

so wait...tires aren't part of the budget?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/08 10:00 a.m.

From BugUgly

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
10/7/08 10:08 a.m.
bamalama wrote:
jwdmotorsports wrote: I'll be driving down from Birmingham. Let me know closer to the event if you want to meet up with me and caravan down.

Looks like we have several people driving from the bham area.

What are you building? Do you know yet?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/7/08 10:09 a.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote:
bamalama wrote:
Looks like we have several people driving from the bham area. What are you building? Do you know yet?

sounds like the makings of a bham team.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
10/8/08 5:52 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote:
bamalama wrote:
Looks like we have several people driving from the bham area. What are you building? Do you know yet?

Probably a 79 Datsun. I'd like to find a 300ZX donor and use its VG30. Otherwise, I'll use my Probe GT.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
10/15/08 6:41 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: What are you building? Do you know yet?

This is completely random, but your 77 Civic showed up on the main page. Did you get that from Les? If so, (according to him) I used to live right up the street from you. That's weird.

GRM1964
GRM1964 New Reader
10/16/08 2:03 p.m.
bamalama wrote:
leshairybackedmom wrote: Hey GRM 1964...I have more of Les' moms back hair should we decide to do the entire cycle. Actually, we took most of Monday and shaved her entire back, rather than just her right flank that we used on the seat, so we should have enough to do our entire fleet of cycles. Let's bring it back next year with an alcohol engine and a bubblewrapped Miata for Matt. BTW, love the new Avatar. Like mine?
Be sure and bring six sets of leathers and eight helmets so you can run that thing on the dragstrip.

He said leathers hahahaha

Bill

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/08 2:42 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: so wait...tires aren't part of the budget?

Check again...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/16/08 7:05 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
DirtyBird222 wrote: so wait...tires aren't part of the budget?
Check again...

That depends which coast you are on.

Gainesville counts tires. SDGC does not. Presumably, the one day $2009 West Coast Challenge will count tires (I haven't read the rules, but I think they are copying Gainesville)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jZJWiyLJ3VncL74smRWPElJSfSdPDWXwTgOz7FYRndIT7HUb9VouHvFRn84e2ZQN