Duke
Duke UltimaDork
9/21/10 12:54 p.m.
feature_image

A "little" "crossover" that weighs in at 2-1/4 tons? No berkeleying thanks. And I thought the whole reason that most people bought SUVs was because they wanted to be seen in SUVs? So... a vehicle with the back seat of a sports car, the weight of an SUV, the looks of a bad Hot Wheels original design, and the cargo …

Read the rest of the story

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
9/21/10 3:04 p.m.

Acura never meant for people to use the rear doors. No, really. It was in our info back when they introduced it to the dealers last fall/winter. It was meant for empty nesters on the verge of retirement as a weekend getaway mobile. Not as a people hauler. Their intended market base is very small, hence the low production numbers.

With that said, I have to agree with the reviews.

kainoeske
kainoeske New Reader
9/23/10 9:45 a.m.

@David: "People generally buy this kind of car because they’re big and comfy and relatively easy to use. " - you mean the people buyng that kind of car, right?

What an abortion. First, it looks like every effing "crossover" (=useless POS) SUV: toad on wheels. Second, 4500 lbs??? 3rd: @Tommy: Wow. It takes me 30 seconds to reconfigure the seats, and my Corolla Sedan fits a 9ft surfboard trunk-to-dash (and will outrun that abomination on a racetrack AND on a snowy mountain road). 4th, $51,000??? That buys an insanely-modded AWD wagon - WRX or recent S4 - that does EVERYTHING 10x better than this thing.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
9/23/10 7:06 p.m.

Right, all of your above points are why we all hated it. Maybe that didn't come across in the reviews?

kainoeske
kainoeske New Reader
9/23/10 8:09 p.m.

@Tommy: oh it did. I just needed to rant! :)

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
9/23/10 9:27 p.m.

Oh, ok. I thought you were angry because we didn't hate it enough or something.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
9/24/10 8:19 a.m.

I'm just wondering how the turd managed two stars. Ya'll must've been feeling generous with the ratings.

If I were rating it:
Stock Performance: 3
Performance Potential: 0 (how could you make it better?)
Daily Driver Manners: 0 (based on lack of visibility, seat annoyances, useless rear, etc)
Fit and Finish: 1 -- and that's being generous when it was compared unfavorably to a Calibre and things fell off. Overall: 1. And that's only because it didn't blow up.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
2/28/11 8:41 a.m.

Instead of ZDX, they should have called it the 2xCRX. Twice the size, twice the weight, twice the doors, but even less practical.

DUMONT
DUMONT New Reader
9/19/11 1:42 a.m.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The 2010 Acura ZDX has an unmistakable profile that helps it stand apart from a crowded market of small crossover SUVs. The styling definitely takes center stage with this vehicle, as the ZDX is essentially the same as its tradtionally shaped MDX sibling. Love it or hate it, there's nothing else on the road that looks like this.

Under the skin, the ZDX has a punchy 300-horsepower V6 and the acronym-tastic Super Handling-All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system to carry it down the road. Our test vehicle was equipped with Acura's Tech package, which adds real-time traffic and weather information and a hard drive for music storage.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yZXlR76JM3DjbfgHCyMmwkCNr9WUAyMGJcg5KR6VKWOcYmWFrUzMKVPXepVWCriW