Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
5/26/10 1:37 p.m.
feature_image

I think "Sport Wagon" pretty well sums it up.

Read the rest of the story

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/10 1:47 p.m.

I have seen them running around Lansing for over a year in various pre production guises and I absolutely love the looks. I have driven two different wagons in the past three weeks and was left thinking "this is a "nice car" but GM has a problem... No one will want to pay $50,000 for a V6 "sportwagon" when they can get an Audi Avant for less.

GM, I would love for you to succeed but you can't make GMT SUV profits on every model you build.

Awesome car at 1/2 the price but a "nice car" at $50k. Nice cars do not inspire people to beat down the dealership doors.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
5/26/10 3:10 p.m.

It's a sharp looking wagon, but it needs a slightly larger rear spoiler. Nothing crazy, but something that compliments the body lines than that teeny lip it has now.

And for $50,000, there are many other cars (and wagon-type vehicles) that I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on. It might be a decent choice 5 years down the road when it depreciates to about $5,000-6,000, like most other GM vehicles do.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/10 12:42 p.m.

I love the look of the new SRX and don't see the advantage of the wagon.

forzav12
forzav12 HalfDork
6/9/10 6:32 p.m.

"Volvo 740 better", Christ almighty, the clueless have risen in droves.

The CTS wagon is a great drive for what it is-far better than a creaky old brick-and, yeah, I've driven both.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

For most of the general public, the mention of a Cadillac station wagon conjures up images of an old ambulance or hearse--not exactly something designed for mass consumption. Well, Cadillac now has a traditional wagon in their general issue lineup. Meet the new-for-2010 CTS Sport Wagon.

The CTS Sport Wagon is more or less their second-generation CTS fitted with a way-back. Two engines are currently offered, a 3.0- or 3.6-liter V6. It's even available in all-wheel drive. Our test car had the 3.6-liter V6 and rear-wheel drive.

We've heard rumors about a forthcoming CTS-V Sport Wagon. In our book, that would be pretty cool.

PS: GM hasn't posted a curb weight for this car, so the 4000 pounds is a guess based on the sedan specs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DvJv01wwCriNFDzM8Xv6TlAk8HiNdu0aS03mlUhOs67iryPiseclaei0rTwZJ6N0