shadowwolf
shadowwolf
10/16/10 5:00 a.m.
feature_image

You know...I am so sick of peoplebad mouthing the new accord coupes.I just bought a 2010 accord coupe in five speed and absolutely love it,they are drop dead sexy,have a great vtec motor,get good economy,and are fun to drive.I think it strongly resembles a beemer coupe.what gives with the lack of aftermarket performance support for it though?the accord is like …

Read the rest of the story

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
10/20/10 2:23 p.m.

I think their big issue was driving 3300 lbs with 190 hp through an automatic geared for mileage. As David says, the V-6/stick combination would have been much more fun to drive. You're right about the Si hp (197), but it's pushing a 2895 lb load, some 400 lbs less than the Accord. We're not "hatin", just using some simple physics.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
7/9/11 8:57 a.m.

I needed a super reliable, high mileage car for work travel. I picked up a base model Accord 4-cylinder, 5-speed sedan - no options.

The gas mileage is great. The performance end is "okay".

My main goal is to make sure it doesn't cost my family "personal" money in relation to the little car allowance I get to offset the cars expenses.

Can I actually get a work car that is "free" and allow me personal miles too?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Okay, we owe you a small apology: While a six-speed, V6-powered Accord Coupe is shown here, we sampled a four-cylinder car fitted with an automatic transmission. Our test car did have the EX package and navigation, so hardware included 17-inch tires and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TpPGRvydSDFupimR7jBM0JtYKGmbGPk6StsUCmznxbH3zS4RlPWlSEuSMU5cbn0o