frogy130
frogy130 New Reader
5/7/13 3:41 p.m.

The power door locks on my wifes 2010 Honda Civic with 56,000 miles are acting up.

2 don't move with the key fob or driver all door lock button but will lock by hand on each door.

The drivers door works sometimes and usually will eventually open if you hit the button a few times.

The other rear door works fine.

I have read a bit online and looks like I need the door lock activators, is there a way to make them last longer then 3 years - 60,000 miles?

Should I be lubing them regularly or???

Also I can not find a how to for doing this on this generation of civic can find it for the 2005 and below.

Thanks,

Eddie

Duke
Duke PowerDork
5/7/13 3:53 p.m.

Honda lock actuators are not the best. It probably needs to have a fresh set. The passenger side one in my wife's TSX bit the big one, and the driver's is getting sluggish. I had the dealer fix it while the car was in for a recall. I probably could have done it myself, but time was short and interior trim and I don't get along.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
5/7/13 3:59 p.m.

^ Door lock actuators are a common failure point. Nothing new there. Price them out and you'll see why they're so cheap. Lock/Latch assembly $32

Those on the RL, that don't wear out as quickly, are almost $200.

frogy130
frogy130 New Reader
5/7/13 6:16 p.m.

Thanks for the link Bobzilla. I ordered all 4 as the other one will probably be going soon enough.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/13 6:40 p.m.

I had to do this not too long ago (twice in fact) on our Accord. The job is not horrible. Don't bother trying to save money buying an aftermarket actuator. They are junk. I bought one and it lasted less than six months. Had I bothered to check the price of the genuine Honda part, I would have found that they are not that much more. Get it from Honda.

frogy130
frogy130 New Reader
5/7/13 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Woody: Thanks, yes I ordered a full set of them from the genuine Honda parts link above.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3seNHtj0GDYdy8ZaTiyIh9kR3MLdNhY8BmTt4SscdhNsdV3qghyNyyQINyLAxbNH