Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/09 8:20 a.m.
feature_image

Woot! I told you it was good ;) Seriously though, what did you think about about the 2.0T compared to the V6? Did you get a non-Track and Track back-to-back? I'm still partial to the 3.8 GT, though I wish it had the Torsen.

Read the rest of the story

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
8/11/09 1:36 p.m.

We're going to make you Hyundai Humpers yet! Now you know why the "H" is slanted.... Good write up.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/11/09 3:12 p.m.

I drove the track versions of both V6 and 2.0T cars. (both with manual trans) I preferred the flingability of the 4cyl car. The V6, although nice, was more "grown up" and less engaging. I'm really looking forward to the R-Spec, as that promises to be the most driver-centric of all the Genesis Coupes.

Our tester here at the office was a V6 Auto.

BoostGearDOTcom
BoostGearDOTcom New Reader
9/18/09 11:22 a.m.

I believe the 4 cylinder version will be the winner of the all time enthusiasts battle. I look at this comparison in the same way that Mitsubishi/Eagle/Plymouth made out with the 1G/2G Eclipse/Talon/Laser platform using the turbo 4 cyl cars, and then switching to the big bad V6 in 2000 and newer eclipses. Mitsubishi enthusiasts watched those cars go by the way side as my friends and I still spend money to this day on our old/worn out 1990 - 1994 1st Generation DSM's. Watch and see, watch and see.

rimahanson
rimahanson None
3/7/11 7:32 p.m.

As one of the manufacturer's newest entry, Hyundai Genesis hits the market in today's generation. the said auto uses only one engine which is 2.4 liter four cylinder engine that produces 176 horsepower at six thousand revolutions per minute and 168 pound feet of torque at four thousand revolutions per minute. The shiftronic feature and allows the drive to shift to a manual mode, which makes it easier to maneuver. Another thing that makes Hyundai cars stand out among others is the car maintenance. With the auto service centers on local cities, car owners will no longer find difficulty when doing [canoe repair]. Other features Genesis Coupe has include air conditioning, keyless remote control, anti-lock brakes, and downhill assist control.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

In case you haven't heard, Hyundai is on a roll these days with their Genesis Sedan and Coupe. We were already won over by the Genesis Sedan, so we were anxiously looking forward to the Coupe. And we weren't disappointed.

The Sedan and Coupe are positioned and marketed differently, but underneath they have a lot in common--in particular, the Genesis rear-wheel-drive platform, V6 engine and much of the suspension. This is not a bad thing. In both V6 and 2.0-liter turbo forms, we think Hyundai has a winner on their hands with the Genesis Coupe.

The Coupe certainly looks--and acts--the part, with attractive and aggressive styling and performance to match. Our V6 test car offered strong acceleration with a pleasant growl. However, with 3400 pounds of ground-hugging weight and tall gearing, the Coupe doesn't offer the violent shove you'd find in a V8 Mustang or 370Z. Still, Hyundai claims a 5.5-second zero-to-60 time, which isn't too shabby.

Inside, you'll find pleasant ergonomics, supportive seats and feel-good controls. The materials may be a bit on the cheap side for a car nudging 30 large, but the details are right. Visibility is good, too--something many of the Coupe's competitors can't claim.

The Coupe feels very stable, with good grip from the Bridgestones and nicely weighted steering. The overall driving experience is one of smooth competence--much like the Genesis Sedan, only sportier.

Hyundai sees this car as more of the Infiniti G37 mole than a V8 Mustang or Camaro competitor. After spending a bit of time with the car, we’d have to agree. The V6 Coupe is a composed, sporting GT machine. The 2.0T R-Spec version appears poised to be Hyundai's track monster. Stay tuned for a full track workout in an upcoming issue.

KolbyWillis
KolbyWillis
1/1/20 3:31 a.m.

1st time genesis coupe owner questions

For years I've always been curious about getting a Gen coupe. So finally, last week I brought home a 2010 Hyundai genesis coupe 3.8. As with all cars, I'm going to drive it for a month so I can get a feel for the car. Once that's done I'll be looking to beef it up into my newest speed demon. Other than the obvious first ECU tune, can anyone recommend which upgrades I should prioritize first and what order has worked the best for other 3.8 drivers. Keep in mind it's going to be a LONG time until I'll be able to afford supercharging or turbo. I'd really appreciate any help!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/1/20 7:24 a.m.
Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
1/1/20 9:27 a.m.

I've been somewhat looking at these lately. I wonder how they've aged.

KolbyWillis
KolbyWillis New Reader
1/2/20 7:28 p.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory :

Wow thanks so much!

KolbyWillis
KolbyWillis New Reader
1/2/20 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Suprf1y :

The suspension could definitely be better, I'll be getting new coil overs very soon. However I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of bite the stock version has and once you crank it up over 3500 rpm, she has a nice mean sound

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
55zdbKn2Zjy2UZCXp71UdXtRwDntuKlIOcU5jAknHOgr4DJW3kmWDmcBkjEuvpAA