johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
2/10/11 11:20 a.m.
feature_image

We picked up a slightly used '08 Edge in that funky copper/orange color for Mrs Hammer about 7 months ago. Great car & jammed with cool toys. This new version adds even better looks. I'm curious about the Sport version as well.

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/10/11 7:51 p.m.

The Sport does sound cool. I was away when this one visited, so I can't give any feedback. :(

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

At one time, most car companies only had a single SUV-type offering in their lineup. Today there are multiple itches to scratch, hence a wide range of choices. Ford's lineup includes several SUV-type vehicles, including the Edge.

The Edge has been with us since the 2006 model year and received a face-lift for 2011. The vehicle received a new nose plus some engine options. Our front-wheel-drive Limited model got the 3.5-liter Twin independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT) V6 engine that makes 285 horsepower along with 253 lb.-ft. of torque. The Sport model gets a 3.7-liter version of that engine--output bumps to 305 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft. of torque.

Aside from the Limited package, our car didn't have too many options: $395 for a blind spot monitoring system and $795 for the voice-activated navigation.

Hopefully we'll cross paths with the Sport one day soon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9uFGrHMglJhYsksi3ZwWUMV70ILai8wnZDNoo3zcZ4rwuCctHf7w7xcZqGlkTc91