DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
4/4/11 9:51 a.m.
feature_image

god, these are such a pretty car! I would drive the snot outta one!

Read the rest of the story

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
4/4/11 2:56 p.m.

I dont know, to me it looks too soft and cuddly and also a little like the prius. the color certainly doesnt help that. It doesnt strike me as an attractive vehicle, its not a sport compact I would go for.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/5/11 8:26 a.m.

rumors from the peanut gallery are talking about the Nu getting DI in another year or two, and a possible turbo option. I cant wait to see those.

JohnW
JohnW Reader
4/6/11 10:05 p.m.

All this praise and the review doesn't even mention one of the new Elantra's best attributes: 40 mpg EPA highway. That only adds to value. If I bought new cars, this one would be on my short list.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
4/11/11 8:34 p.m.

Another magazine, that shall remain nameless, tested the Elantra and some of it's competition. One of the points they put under it's minuses? "Feels like it's hewn from a block of Jello"....or nearly those words. ALL the mags that have tested Elantras also mention the DRONING engine. I drive a raggedy Civic with a droning exhaust, I wonder if the Elantra's engine drone is as bad or worse than my 200K mile Civic?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Hyundai redesigned their Elantra for 2011, and the once podlike little car has been transformed into a stylish compact. It bears much resemblance to the new Sonata, which in turn looks like something that should have come from Europe.

Our car had the six-speed automatic transmission, yet a six-speed stick is available. Actually, the additions to the MSRP were somewhat thin: $550 for the Preferred Equipment Package (16-inch alloy wheels, steering-wheel audio controls, sliding center armrest, etc.) and another $95 for floor mats. The final bill included $35 for the all-important iPod cable.

Oh, and P.S.: According to the Hyundai site, the base Elantra starts at $14,830.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GdHu4ClpsWHct0JZiyvO5e5B3INVSVXB84o4s2N6NkxB0IOwba304DjIpawiLzaL